www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:02 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: BILL NELSON HEPWORTH GALLERY CONCERT: TICKET/BOOKING INF
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:01 pm 
Regular

Any news on the timetable of the evenings events yet Bill? :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:39 am 
Regular

paulconnolly wrote:
Are there any plans for a meet up pre or post gig? Found a boozer (The Hop) near our hotel which has real ale. Possibility for a pre-gig beer.

Don't bring the food babe with you. :wink:

http://foodbabe.com/2013/07/17/the-shoc ... s-in-beer/

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:19 pm 
Regular

Heads down. Rant time.

Sorry my friend, she may be attractive, and she may even be right, but I am sick to death of bloggers who act as a legitimate voice of either science or medicine. Everyone has an opinion, right or wrong, but bloggers are not experts anymore than most of us here. And for sometime now I have been sick to death of the lot of them. She has no more authority than anyone else with a strong opinion and her style is hysterical and meant to stir fear. And we all have had enough of fear as a steady diet these days. So I shall not be giving her my undivided attention. :lol: :wink:

Besides, this is what she said about the Brun Dawg:

"Newcastle, a UK brand, confessed to using what I would consider one of the most controversial food additives. Toasted barley is usually what gives beer its golden or deep brown color, however in this case, Newcastle beer is also colored artificially with caramel color. This caramel coloring is manufactured by heating ammonia and sulfites under high pressure, which creating carcinogenic compounds. If beer companies were required by law to list the ingredients, Newcastle would likely have to have a cancer warning label under California law because it is a carcinogen proven to cause liver tumors, lung tumors, and thyroid tumors in rats and mice."

Hyperbole. Using words like 'confessed' assumes guilt (of something) when she clearly then states, 'what I would consider' as a qualifier. Typical blog-speak which many see as a legitimate explanation. Or worse yet, that she has provided proof to her comments. All she is saying is 'in my opinion'. Which is fine IF so many did take it as 'what I am saying is empiric fact'.

So really, what I got out of that (ignoring the scary language) is that rats and mice would do good to not drink our Newcastle. And that I can fully support. :P

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:46 pm 
Regular

Quite honestly, I didn't get the reference I just thought WT was either pissed or being a knob :wink:

I've now read it and wish I could reclaim the lost minutes of my life.

Going to see BN on Friday. I'll be having a few beers and probably a kebab or a curry post gig. If there's a fit burd in the curry house then she'll be my foodbabe for the weekend (in my dreams) :lol: Great weekend is in store .

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:25 am 
Regular

WT is a very peaceful cat. And even though I can't say I know him well, he is not very likely to start anything here. He's most definitely a lover, not a fighter. He just tends to come in at an interesting angle to add that little something he wants us to catch. Some people see things at face value. Others look for something hidden from view. WT is like a human being with fly eyes. He sees it from all angles simultaneously. :lol: :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:24 pm 
Regular

Wonder... fuse... with fly...

Wonder... IS fly...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:12 am 
Regular

Aww. You guys are great. I love a good beer as much as the next guy. 8) Thought it was an interesting read, though..

Asters, waddya think of this take on that.

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/opinion- ... 0019.story

Most of those 'experts' and pundits are bought and paid for by big business and other creepy tupes.

http://fair.org/home/dont-quit-your-day-job/

Sorry to barge in on a fun thread with all this crap. :)

That show is gonna be a blast!!! Wish I could be there to see it and to go tip a couple of brews at the local public house. 8)

The food babe ain't gonna spoil our fun.

Beaver anal glands. :shock: :lol:

Have a great show everyone. 8) 8) 8)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8