www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:42 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: 'THE GOLDEN DAYS OF RADIO' now has a video!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:51 pm 
Regular

To my shame, I have yet to watch Bill's 'Golden Days Of Radio' video. But only because of being too busy to allow for the most conducive circumstance, as of yet....

I do not doubt for one second that I will enjoy it. Not because I am a blind sycophant, but because I have been extremely lucky to find an artist whose work in general just resonates.

It's a shame frogman felt the way he did, but no doubt his decision is the correct one, for him.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:18 am 
Regular

Onwards and upwards, just watched the video on glorious widescreen, surround sound..........

Thought it was chuffin' ace myself :D :D 8) 8)

Anyone who stays on the beam will 'Get' what Bill has done.....as both Alec and Peter have articulated perfectly recently (It's all one song..... :wink: ) 8)

Bill, the use of the Richard Harris clip, is awesome by the way 8)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:22 am 
The Citizen

Hilarious frogman...now bugger off! :lol: :P

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:26 am 
Regular

Some rather strange posts appearing here :shock: I cant see where copyrights have anything to do with the video. The video is very well done and the song fits the purpose perfectly. Now the font of the titles is sort of bland, but then again it fits the old 50s/60s style of the clips.

But to each his own, I guess...For my part, if I don't like something on here I just don't say anything about it at all. Cant see the point of it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:36 am 
Regular

Location: Florida (sitting by the window, in a house at the end of time)
I personally think the quality of Bill's music has only gotten better through the years. As for the video, I thoroughly enjoyed it, and felt it conveyed the feelings and moments that Bill intended. I'm certainly glad it wasn't one of those Super-Sonic, CGI, IMAX, 3D, HD sort of things. God knows there's enough of that going around.

To each his own. :D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:02 am 
The Citizen

There's something very weird going on when such an innocent, fun piece as the 'Golden Days' video provokes such a mealy mouthed response from one particular person.

I make my videos with very limited technical resources. I don't have the latest high-end video software and HD or whatever. It's just very simple stuff done on a home computer but I use it to the best of my abilities and the limited time available to me, keeping in mind my busy musical life. It's done with heart and soul, not high technology.

This particular video is mainly aimed at old Be Bop Deluxe fans and was intended as nostalgic bait, (as was the song,) to appeal to lapsed fans. It's also meant to be light hearted and fun, not some heavy, brow-furrowing art piece. It's also a little tribute to some of the musicians who I loved in the rock n' roll era. (Duane, the Hanks, Scotty Moore, etc.)

One of my earlier videos, ('Lacuna,') has just spent a month being shown as part of an audio-visual art exhibition, (titled 'Noise and Whispers,') in a London art-gallery alongside some cutting edge work by other artists.

But I don't need that to justify my work or some bitter, snarky 'critique' to damn it. It's whatever it is at any given moment. Take it or leave it.
:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:53 am 
Regular

I think that Frogman missed the point completely. The video is just a fun and playful glimpse into the creative mind of Bill Nelson.

It would be great if we could get it into rotation on some of the music video channels out there and get Bill the recognition he deserves.

This video is head and shoulders above most of the music videos that I've seen lately. I'd like to see a few videos to go along with his current work. Artist, filmaker, musician, the man is multi talented, period!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:59 am 
Regular

Bill Nelson wrote:
It's also meant to be light hearted and fun, not some heavy, brow-furrowing art piece.

:lol: Brow-furrowing art piece. Image

Bill Nelson wrote:
One of my earlier videos, ('Lacuna,') has just spent a month being shown as part of an audio-visual art exhibition, (titled 'Noise and Whispers,') in a London art-gallery alongside some cutting edge work by other artists.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:38 am 
Regular

Location: Dreamsville Bureau of Realistic Attributions and Technosurvivalism
It's all in the eye of the beholder.... I suppose.

Bill Nelson wrote:
...my work is whatever it is at any given moment. Take it or leave it.

Here's the relevant bit..... I suppose.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:11 pm 
New in Town

Love the video, thanks for posting it Bill :)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next