www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Thu May 23, 2019 10:44 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Sparkle Machine CD - Temporarily off sale
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:38 pm 
Regular

Location: Dreamsville Bureau of Realistic Attributions and Technosurvivalism
James Ellis wrote:
The Sparkle Machine on ebay

Its not even been listened to :evil: Its still in its wrapper, someone's taking advantage of the sales embargo over Christmas!!

Quote:

New: An item that is still in its original shrink wrap from the manufacturer and the original manufacturer’s seal (if applicable) has not been removed. See the seller's listing for full details

Quote:
Based in United Kingdom, anthonypaul2006 has been an eBay member since 25 Feb, 2006

:? :?

The bidding on this is now up to GBP19.00. This is absurd as the item will go on sale again in a week or so. Ebay again; the mirror of greed.......

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:21 am 
Regular

Who turned off the Sparkle Machine?! No sparkles for New Years Eve?! This is an outrage!

Oh... *that* Sparkle Machine... nevermind.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:28 pm 
The Citizen

Someone trying to sell an unopened copy of the album on ebay already? Really? :shock:

Well, maybe they're trying to make profit from the temporary suspension of sales of the album over the seasonal break. But, it seems rather silly because, as we know, the album will be available again from Dreamsville, very soon, and at the normal price. I suppose that, if they'd been clever, they would wait until it completely sells out before punting it on ebay. If the usual scenario applies, it will go up in value when it's becomes genuinely unavailable...But at this point in time, there are copies awaiting orders in the new year.
So, a greedy and stupid move on their part. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:48 am 
Regular

Bill Nelson wrote:
Someone trying to sell an unopened copy of the album on ebay already? Really? :shock:

Well, maybe they're trying to make profit from the temporary suspension of sales of the album over the seasonal break. But, it seems rather silly because, as we know, the album will be available again from Dreamsville, very soon, and at the normal price. I suppose that, if they'd been clever, they would wait until it completely sells out before punting it on ebay. If the usual scenario applies, it will go up in value when it's becomes genuinely unavailable...But at this point in time, there are copies awaiting orders in the new year.
So, a greedy and stupid move on their part. :wink:

AH! Despite the Dry Gulch of ''The Sparkle Machine'' over the Holiday Period, The said Vendor only got his outlay money back and money for a a couple of pints!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:17 pm 
Regular

Quote:
Bill Nelson. The Sparkle Machine cd See original listing

Bill-Nelson-The-Sparkle-Machine-cd Bill-Nelson-The-Sparkle-Machine-cd
Item Ended

Item condition:

New
Ended:

29 Dec, 2013 17:37:10 GMT

Winning bid:

£24.00

[ 16 bids ]

Item location:

Thirsk, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom

Seller:

anthonypaul2006 (579 Purple star icon for Feedback score between 500 to 999) | Seller's other items

:?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:36 am 
Regular

Purchase 'SPARKLE MACHINE' FROM S.O.S £17.20 standard uk

Auction end Price £24.00
Auction Final value fee 10% £ 2.40
paypal fee 10% £ 2.40

balance £19.20

profit £2.00 pre postage!
free postage inc!
second class post cd is £1.10

profit £0.90
not even enough for a cheap pint

i said two pints i should have said none!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:04 pm 
Regular

umm i offered 20 earth pounds when auction started to try and secure one for Christmas presi to myself but was rebuffed as not enough! so glad to see they made pretty much zip!! i shall wait as i was gonna do :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:27 pm 
New in Town

Hi, I own the Sparkle Machine which did arrive with out a plastic seal (good). As soon as I got it... It got burned into he home computer. 86 Lps of Bill on my cp. So why not sell it. CD's suck. Now I would never sell a vinyl copy though...unless I had extras. My vinyl,playback system far outshines the CD playback.. A least to my ears. Wishing It was released on vinyl, along with all the others. Bill's notes show that he is recording at 24/96, great but it gets trumped down to 18/48for the RedBook cd release... Just saying. All bitching aside, I am just very very glad that I can purchase new music from my favorite...Mr. Bill Nelson. This year will make 30 years since I have had the pleasure to hear BN live, I hope this changes this year. Happy New Year to All.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:52 pm 
The Citizen

Perrythefourth wrote:
CD's suck.

Well, that's entirely subjective...my albums sound, (to me,) far better on CD, and much closer to my original intention, than CDs burned and stored to a computer, especially when monitoring on standard computer intended speaker systems.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:44 pm 
Regular

Perrythefourth wrote:
Hi, I own the Sparkle Machine which did arrive with out a plastic seal (good). As soon as I got it... It got burned into he home computer. 86 Lps of Bill on my cp. So why not sell it. CD's suck. Now I would never sell a vinyl copy though...unless I had extras. My vinyl,playback system far outshines the CD playback.. A least to my ears. Wishing It was released on vinyl, along with all the others. Bill's notes show that he is recording at 24/96, great but it gets trumped down to 18/48for the RedBook cd release... Just saying. All bitching aside, I am just very very glad that I can purchase new music from my favorite...Mr. Bill Nelson. This year will make 30 years since I have had the pleasure to hear BN live, I hope this changes this year. Happy New Year to All.

You're kidding... Right :?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next