www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Sun May 26, 2019 11:01 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Sparkle Machine CD - now SOLD OUT !
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:10 pm 
Regular

steve lyles wrote:
I just hope mine arrives ! ......ordered when it was initially released and no sign of it here in Northern Nevada :(
steve

Any sign yet Steve? :|

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:19 pm 
Regular

stpetelou wrote:
steve lyles wrote:
I just hope mine arrives ! ......ordered when it was initially released and no sign of it here in Northern Nevada :(
steve

Hello Lou :D it actually arrived on Wednesday :shock: I have been immersing myself in its sonic beauty since then....thanks :)
cheers
Steve

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:12 pm 
Regular

steve lyles wrote:
stpetelou wrote:
steve lyles wrote:
steve

Hello Lou :D it actually arrived on Wednesday :shock: I have been immersing myself in its sonic beauty since then....thanks :)
cheers
Steve

Glad to hear it (no pun intended)! :)

This was certainly a longer than normal wait. No doubt due to holidays and weather.

Thanks for coming through in the long run SOS!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:43 pm 
Regular

Paul Andrews wrote:
felixt1 wrote:
andygeorge wrote:
Well, we knew it would, :P ..for those that missed out, you should head over to the store NOW and purchase Albion Dream vortex before that sells out too....I see it as a companion to TSM and is SUPERB!!!

Andy

May as well get 'Signals From Realms Of Light', while you are there :wink:

Very true!

Agreed!!!

I just posted to several BN forums on Facebook that TSM is now sold out.
A brilliant record that has rightfully disappeared from the shelves of SOS!

Mike

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:01 pm 
Regular

Still waiting... waiting... can't stand... :x

Last week I've got a very rare jazz album (Freddie Redd - "Redd's Blues") that took 5 months and a half from USA to Brazil. Normal postage. :(

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:12 am 
Regular

SO SO Glad I received my copy at first my card was maxed out usual xmas stuff...but I had enough left for this wonderful CD...so complimentary to Albion Dream Vortex and certainly pays repeat playing...thank you Bill and SOS...Great Job... :D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:53 pm 
Regular

Alas,
Busy the beginning of this year and never thought to look at the site until it popped into my aging memory just now. OK so now it's one hole in my collection. Bill, if perchance the prices on eBay get too ridiculous, would you consider a repress for us that missed out?
Thanks as always for the music.
seakret (newton centre, ma, usa)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:19 pm 
The Citizen

Unfortunately, re-pressing isn't an economically viable option...I'd need a further demand of around 500 copies to be able to re-press. But I am considering possibly re-issuing the album as a digital download later in the year, but, unless there is a huge increase in demand, not as a physical product. Unfortunately, for fans who collect my albums in physical form, the only answer is to grab a copy as soon as they are released. Not a situation I'm completely happy with, I must admit, but that's the unfortunate reality. Not brought about by choice but by the state of the industry, and particularly, my modest cottage industry.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:47 pm 
Regular

I think that pretty much most to all on this forum are aware that you yourself Bill know what works best for you in economic and financial terms......people put in their suggestions for represses and re editions but ultimately you have to look after your own interests as a core part of your survival and ability to opportune future new releases - if Romance Of Sustain was repressed as 500 copies,word is that it would sell out in a flash.......but it might not,and a couple of hundred copies may stay on the shelf,perhaps taking a good few years to finally sell out - might not happen but it's a financial gamble that I think we all have to realise is not of benefit for yourself and your financial well being.......

.....although I'm not a great participator in downloading music I think the Bandcamp download opportunity/facility is fantastic,allowing fans to access and own music of yours with a 'supply and demand' aspect that fits you financially and us musically.....ok,maybe one doesen't aquire the physical article this way but the music is there to be listened to.....

......I'm aware that I come at this from 'Smug Corner' as an owner of many of the deleted/coveted titles but if I wanted something that became available as a download I would be happy that this was the 'next best thing' to owning it physically....also aware that it may well suit the music maker far better financially....

......just some( already covered.....I know!) thoughts before Sunday dinner is served :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:12 pm 
Regular

I know this topic has been debated endlessly,and Bill knows what works best for him,but surely a way to satisfy all those who wish to purchase Bills cds isnt insurmountable.Its obvious that a number of long term fans have been unable to obtain The Sparkle Machine,and also any new visitor to Dreamsville wishing to purchase it will quickly find at this moment in time its unavailable.A situation that cannot be healthy.I personally cant see why Westdeeps idea of £25 per year ( or another amount) to guarantee you the chance to purchase Bills albums is deemed unworkable.(See thread entitled 'Bill Nelson season ticket).It would simply require a list of all who paid ,and surely both Bill and his fans would benefit.There has ,as I say been endless debates on this subject but in these seemingly artist unfriendly times a way of generating extra revenue for the artist and keeping those who wish to purchase his work happy ,could be found.May I state this is no criticism of
anyone,and I am extremely happy with the service form SOS.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next