www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:18 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: NEW RELEASE! 'THE DREAMER'S COMPANION' 3 VOLUME COMPILAT
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:37 pm 
Regular

MG wrote:
A great primer for those who are either new to BN's work, to the 21st century, or to both.......... :)

Yeah, good point.

Just gifted hall phree ... 4 me anna notha, whose birthday it is today ... :)

Great compilations, Bill. 8)

Interesting your choices of yourself. :shock: :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:40 am 
Regular

Not available in stores! As seen in Dreamsville! (and maybe in YOUR dreams!) :twisted:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:05 pm 
The Citizen

alec wrote:
Interesting your choices of yourself.

The reasoning behind these three compilation albums was that they were, (in part,) intended as an introduction to my 21st Century work for newcomers or 'lapsed' Be Bop Deluxe fans who had lost touch with my post '70s or '80s music. I wanted to show the breadth and depth of my more recent recordings and yet not make it too challenging or intimidating for less adventurous listeners.

Fans who have kept up over the last 30 years or so have taken the journey a step at a time, (just like myself,) one thing leading to another in an organic fashion. But for someone who perhaps lost the map around, say, 'Drastic Plastic' or 'Sound-On-Sound,' they might, understandably, find the leap into some of my more recent music a big one.

Also, there are such a large number of albums to investigate that making a choice of where to start can be bewildering. The 3 volume compilation serves as a 'taster' and may help steer listeners towards certain albums which they might connect with. Once that connection is made, perhaps they will then feel confident to try another one and in this way their taste and appreciation broadens. Anyway, that was the general idea! :wink: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:53 pm 
Regular

Well, it's a wonderful threefer for any type of enthusiast, even us completists.

Bill, for 'Dreamer's Companion Volume 2: In This I Reveal My Secret Identity,' I feel as though you've taken a peak into my iTunes and listening habits. It's as though I compiled that one! :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:20 am 
Regular

Finally saved up enough loose change to start off with Volume Three of this series. I'll be sure to pay special attention to the sequencing. Those who own The Practice of Everyday Life may recall that the post-2000 material was presented in a decidedly non-chronological order. This creative re-shuffling of the artist's most recent work might just allow some gems to shine even brighter.

Giving it the first spin right now.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2