www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Mon May 27, 2019 4:31 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: ARCADIAN SALON: NOW RE-ISSUED ON BANDCAMP!
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 6:22 pm 
Regular

felixt1 wrote:
Wow! :o 8)

Another release...

I have failed so far to pick up any of the bandcamp re-issues :oops:

But no worries, I'll get there soon :wink:

You're going to love listening to this one, felixt1.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 6:41 pm 
Regular

mthom wrote:
Two classics on this one: "Memory Skyline" and "The Rest of the World Rolls By". Essential listening to these ears. :lol:

(oh yeah, don't forget "Snow is Falling"!)

Good points, mthom. 'Memory Skyline' and 'The Rest of the World Rolls By' are really nice, happy atmospheric numbers.

I'm finally at 'Snow Is Falling' and didn't realise it was the same 'Snow Is Falling' that I downloaded as a Christmas single in 2013. For some reason some places in 'Snow Is Falling' reminds me of solo John Lennon, some of the ways the melody climbs around perhaps, some of the chords, I don't know what exactly, but it's one of the places this track brings me.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 11:21 pm 
Regular

alec wrote:
What is required for FLAC?

I've bought things in FLAC only to find I've not got any way to play them.

Why won't FLAC play in iTunes?

Use Audacity: http://audacity.sourceforge.net

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 6:42 am 
Regular

Remember Bandcamp has a great app for streaming all of your purchased music from your phone. (Android, don't know about that Apple thingy).
It works great, and I can just play Bill's tunes without figuring out how to get music onto my phone. I'm lazy that way. Just like to plug in and go!
My co-workers have been getting a steady stream of my computer speaker radio station WBILL "All Bill All Day". When they come in and it's not playing, they miss what my co-worker called "Steve's Ambiance"! :P

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 3:51 pm 
Regular

For those of you who do not have this collection of songs for whatever reason, I HIGHLY recommend that you download it ASAP. I am a regular lurker on this board, and when I come out of cyber-hibernation it has to be for a good reason. This is definitely one of those occasions. Arcadian Salon is, in my humble opinion, in the top five of ALL of BN's releases (and I have been a follower since 1977). Each and every song grabs and stays with you. The "Girl in the Galaxy Dress" is gold.

Purchase if you can. I doubt you will be disappointed.

Just saying...

Ron

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 8:32 pm 
The Citizen

RJR wrote:
For those of you who do not have this collection of songs for whatever reason, I HIGHLY recommend that you download it ASAP. I am a regular lurker on this board, and when I come out of cyber-hibernation it has to be for a good reason. This is definitely one of those occasions. Arcadian Salon is, in my humble opinion, in the top five of ALL of BN's releases (and I have been a follower since 1977). Each and every song grabs and stays with you. The "Girl in the Galaxy Dress" is gold.

Purchase if you can. I doubt you will be disappointed.

Just saying...

Ron

Many thanks, Ron! I haven't listened to 'Arcadian Salon' for several years, (due to my inescapable, constant, upward and onward work momentum,) but I have to admit to being somewhat astonished by the quality of the songs when listening to the album after its re-release in digital form. This is definitely an album I can feel proud of. I'm very pleased that it is finally available to a much wider audience than that of its original limited release. :)

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 8:37 pm 
Regular

VERY STRANGE. I don't have my password available this afternoon to download Arcadian Solon, so I went through the procedure to reset with Paypal....they asked for some "extra information" to proceed which consists of my credit card number :x no-way-jose !!! if they are trying to confirm If I am who I say I am, which implies they dont know who I am, why do they want my damn credit card number :?: ....

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 4:12 am 
Regular

Just purchased Arcadian Salon. Thanks for making this one available Bill. This is one album I have not yet heard, very pleased that it was made available. Have heard many good things over the years about this one. Time to check it out...

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 2:55 pm 
Regular

Tony M wrote:
Just purchased Arcadian Salon. Thanks for making this one available Bill. This is one album I have not yet heard, very pleased that it was made available. Have heard many good things over the years about this one. Time to check it out...

Couldn't agree more, Tony M. :)

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 3:50 pm 
Regular

mthom wrote:
Two classics on this one: "Memory Skyline" and "The Rest of the World Rolls By". Essential listening to these ears. :lol:

(oh yeah, don't forget "Snow is Falling"!)

'The Rest Of The World Rolls By' puts me in the same kind of happy as 'October Sky' from 'Return To Jazz Of Lights.' 8)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next