www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:21 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: ARCADIAN SALON: NOW RE-ISSUED ON BANDCAMP!
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 6:05 pm 
Regular

[quote]Many thanks, Ron! I haven't listened to 'Arcadian Salon' for several years, (due to my inescapable, constant, upward and onward work momentum,) but I have to admit to being somewhat astonished by the quality of the songs when listening to the album after its re-release in digital form. This is definitely an album I can feel proud of. I'm very pleased that it is finally available to a much wider audience than that of its original limited release. :)[/quote]

You should be proud, Bill -- this collection is magical. As I said: DOWNLOAD THIS CD or forever regret it.

'nuff said. :D

Ron

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 9:16 pm 
Regular

Having just returned from a holiday in the Isle of Wight,it's great news to see this addition to the re- release programme.....

I managed to snag this album some years ago thanks to the wonderful Mandy at SOS......she rang me back minutes after I'd ordered something,to say that two albums had been found under a pile of stuff - this and Custom Deluxe - and did I want them....of course I snapped them up straight away - thanks Mandy......you wonderful lady!!!!

Arcadian Salon has so many great tracks which have become 'standards' for me over the years....'The Girl In The Galaxy Dress' is simply stunning......utterly beautiful vocals/guitar/instrumentation.....I never fail to be astonished by the qualities of this classic track.

'Transparent Towers At Dusk' is another track that hit with me soon after some repeated plays......and,of course, 'The Song My Distant Planet Sings'.......absolutely sublime!!!!

......ahem......I've gone on too long.......I'll let someone else say something now......

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 10:47 pm 
Regular

Ahem......cough......I mean 'The Song My Silver Planet Sings'......apologies Bill.... :oops:

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 1:51 pm 
Regular

RE FLAC FILES

I play my FLAC files on a streaming system based around a Linn Sneaky. I also use Media Monkey that will happily play FLAC / WMA / MP3. As for not working on itunes; I know nothing. I avoid itunes at all costs.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:38 pm 
The Citizen

You know, whilst I had long been sceptical about digital downloads, my decision to try out the Bandcamp route has given me the facility to offer out-of-print albums that I otherwise could not afford to re-manufacture as CDs. And it certainly helps fans to legally own music they've missed at a sensible price, (and without ripping-off the artist too.)

I noticed that someone had been trying to sell a second hand CD of 'Arcadian Salon' on ebay and, although the bids had almost reached £40, the seller withdrew the album from sale as it hadn't reached his reserve price. No idea what the reserve price was, of course, but he was obviously hoping for more than the top bid he'd received before withdrawing the item.
Maybe the fact that you can buy the album and its artwork for a tenner from my Bandcamp page had something to do with it, or maybe not, but there's now no need to pay crazy ebay prices for my out of print albums. And there will be more digital re-issues in the months ahead, so stay tuned. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:58 pm 
Regular

Bill Nelson wrote:
You know, whilst I had long been sceptical about digital downloads, my decision to try out the Bandcamp route has given me the facility to offer out-of-print albums that I otherwise could not afford to re-manufacture as CDs. And it certainly helps fans to legally own music they've missed at a sensible price, (and without ripping-off the artist too.)

I noticed that someone had been trying to sell a second hand CD of 'Arcadian Salon' on ebay and, although the bids had almost reached £40, the seller withdrew the album from sale as it hadn't reached his reserve price. No idea what the reserve price was, of course, but he was obviously hoping for more than the top bid he'd received before withdrawing the item.
Maybe the fact that you can buy the album and its artwork for a tenner from my Bandcamp page had something to do with it, or maybe not, but there's now no need to pay crazy ebay prices for my out of print albums. And there will be more digital re-issues in the months ahead, so stay tuned. :wink:

So glad this is turning out to be a positive experience! It seems like a rare win-win! 8)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:17 pm 
Regular

It certainly seems like the most sensible idea, especially if it helps to secure the future of your ability to continue making new music, that achieves a physical release.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:40 pm 
Regular

Got It !Like the Bandcamp style...sensible idea...affordable fab music...great job...more please... :)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3