www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:02 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: 'FANTASTIC GUITARS' RELEASE EVENT! INFORMATION HERE.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:05 pm 
The Citizen

I'm finally able to officially announce a very special event to celebrate the release of 'FANTASTIC GUITARS,' an album I've recorded with ace guitarist Reeves Gabrels, who I'm sure you know was a long time collaborator with David Bowie and is now lead guitarist of 'The Cure.'

I'm aware that many of you have been awaiting this album with great excitement. Reeves and I recorded it over a two year period, grabbing a couple of days at a time from Reeves' busy schedule to play together in my home studio. The album contains a rich mix of guitar styles and tonalities and we are both very proud of it.

It was suggested that we put together a launch event for the album and progress has been made towards this over the last few weeks. I can now reveal that this will be held at 'The Curzon Cinema' in Soho, London on the 7th of July. The event begins at 4pm and ends at 6pm. Reeves and I will be interviewed live on stage by Tom Wilcox from London's ICA and there will be a playback of the album accompanied by a new video I'm currently in the process of creating. The video will contain some of the photographs of Reeves and myself which were not used in the album artwork. It will also contain early drafts of the front cover art showing the alternative images which didn't make the final version...and, of course, lots of images of some rather fantastic guitars!

Pre-release copies of the album will be available to buy at the event which Reeves and I will be happy to sign for you.

Please note that, due to staff holidays at Sound-On-Sound magazine, 'Fantastic Guitars' will not be on general release until a week or so after the launch party, but those of you who attend the launch event will be able to obtain a copy ahead of the rush and have it personally signed. (We're arranging to have a batch delivered direct from the pressing plant to the venue itself, exclusively for the launch.)

I'd just like to point out that this isn't a Dreamsville/Nelsonica team event but has been put together by Tom Wilcox. Consequently tickets are not available from my Dreamsville website or Sound-On-Sound but I'm informed that you can book tickets via the following link:

http://www.wegottickets.com/event/279928

I'm sure that Reeves involvement in this project will attract many David Bowie and Cure fans to the launch party so I think you'll need to act quickly to secure a ticket before they all disappear. It would be great to have some of you there to give me some support! :wink:

Well, that's about it for now. Reeves and myself are very much looking forward to seeing on on the 7th of July. :)

Post subject: Re: 'FANTASTIC GUITARS' RELEASE EVENT! INFORMATION HERE.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:03 pm 
Regular

Bill Nelson wrote:
Well, that's about it for now. Reeves and myself are very much looking forward to seeing on on the 7th of July.

Fantastic! ...... I don't mean this in a bad way, but you will be competing with the largest sporting event in the world so will you be signing copies of Velorama at the venue :? That aside my place is booked and maybe I will catch some cycling also, I can't wait :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:07 pm 
Regular

Fantastic news!

However I work to 7pm on Mondays & I'm not confident of booking the day off :(

May there be some signed copies left over for sale on this website :?: :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:14 pm 
Regular

Ticket booked......job done :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:58 pm 
Regular

Ticket purchased, see you there... :D

Andy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:13 pm 
Regular

Booked! I heartily approve of London do's.

Bob

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:23 pm 
Regular

Booked too.

Worth noting that this is the day that the Tour de France comes to London, so travel will be affected. Make sure you leave enough time to get there - that goes for you too messrs Nelson and Gabrels!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:28 pm 
Regular

Have fun, all. :)

I should just go, shouldn't I?

Looking forward to the release. 8)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:35 pm 
Regular

Tickets booked too despite the early start!!! :D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:03 pm 
Regular

Location: Dreamsville Bureau of Realistic Attributions and Technosurvivalism
Bill Nelson wrote:
Please note that, due to staff holidays at Sound-On-Sound magazine, 'Fantastic Guitars' will not be on general release until a week or so after the launch party...........

I hope plenty of copies are available from Sound On Sound after 7 July (or the week thereafter).

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next