www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:09 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: 'DIARY OF A HYPERDREAMER' BACK IN PRINT!
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 2:48 pm 
The Citizen

Just to let you know that my 'Diary Of A Hyperdreamer' book has just been given a limited edition reprint by Pomona books in response to the inflated prices second-hand copies fetch on ebay. If you haven't already got a copy of this hefty tome, now's your chance!

I signed copies of the book last weekend and I'm pleased to tell you that it is a very nice, clean and sharp reprint. Here are Pomona's release notes for the book and a link to their website where you can secure a copy:

We've finally done a re-print of the wonderful Bill Nelson book, Diary of a Hyperdreamer. The initial print-run of 1,000 sold out in just a few weeks and this has caused a clamour among fans and collectors. The few copies that come on to the market on eBay and Amazon sell for an average price of £35, though there is currently a copy on Amazon for sale at a staggering £125.57. These copies are all second hand and of dubious quality. It was never our intention to issue this kind of curio that has seen genuine fans out of pocket. So, we've had some more done! It is now available for £16 plus postage from the Pomona website ONLY. It will not be on sale in shops. We're sorry it's a little more expensive than last time - the cost of manufacturing was higher because we printed a much smaller quantity. Also, remember it is more than 600 pages long - quite a tome. Bill has kindly agreed to sign and date all copies of the book and they will be mailed on immediate placement of the order via Paypal. Oh, and really sorry that the postage is so high, especially for copies being sent abroad. Again, this is due to the thickness and weight.

The direct link to the Pomona shop is:
http://www.pomonauk.com/shop/store.php

Post subject: Re: 'DIARY OF A HYPERDREAMER' BACK IN PRINT!
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 3:43 pm 
Regular

Ordered.

Didn't realise it was 600 pages long. :)

Tome is right. 8)

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 4:10 pm 
Regular

An excellent read, which is a must for all Bill aficionados, first read it 5/6 years ago....time for a re-read methinks :D

Andy

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 4:16 pm 
New in Town

The website having problem processing UK orders at the moment and they looking at a fix

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 4:18 pm 
The Citizen

Further to my announcement about the re-issue of my 'Diary Of A Hyperdreamer' book, I've just learned from the publisher that they've got an unforseen technical problem with the ordering system on their website. Here's what I've been told:
"We’ve just discovered that the shopping element of the Pomona site is not properly working..."
They're trying to remedy this and hope to have the system working properly tomorrow. (Though I understand it is only UK orders that aren't working...overseas orders seem to be ok.) Anyway, stay tuned...As soon as the problem is fixed, I'll post here to inform you. Thanks for your patience.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 5:02 pm 
Regular

Must say this is absolutely fabulous news. I missed getting a copy from the original run and wasn't going to be tempted by the second-hand market.

I was always hopeful Bill would be able / have time to sort something out in regards of a reprint, so I'm eagerly poised with the 'go button', as soon as the site glitch is sorted.. 8)

Cheers Bill, some really cool stuff coming up, what with this and the pending album releases.. 8) 8)

Best wishes with all these,

Nick.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 9:08 pm 
Regular

Location: Dreamsville Bureau of Realistic Attributions and Technosurvivalism
Bill Nelson wrote:
Further to my announcement about the re-issue of my 'Diary Of A Hyperdreamer' book, I've just learned from the publisher that they've got an unforseen technical problem with the ordering system on their website. Here's what I've been told:
"We’ve just discovered that the shopping element of the Pomona site is not properly working..."

Bloody internet!

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 9:12 pm 
Regular

MG wrote:
Bloody internet!

Cool how eBay in its way made this happen, though. :)

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 9:17 pm 
Regular

Location: Dreamsville Bureau of Realistic Attributions and Technosurvivalism
alec wrote:
MG wrote:
Bloody internet!

Cool how eBay in its way made this happen, though. :)

Bloody eBay!

:twisted:

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 9:33 pm 
Regular

21:30
The pomona website basket element seems to be working ok, for all manner of books & cd's, Bar ''Diary Of A Hyperdreamer' uk
I Attempted to purchase a book then ''piggyback'' The Hyperdreamer book, to sale basket, it just carries through to paypal without the basket element :(

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next