www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:41 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Quiet Bells - SOLD OUT
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:25 pm 
Regular

transistor radio wrote:
There is no excuse for re-selling these albums when stock is available on the shelves at SOS
Well, there is one. I was thanked for making JTA available through that route and the buyer paid much more than buying it direct from SOS. It bemused me but that profit went right back into Bill's pocket when I bought another copy from SOS.

I think folk have become so used to only looking on Amazon or EBay for their CDs now. Maybe SOS need an Amazon shop for the titles that have been gathering space dust.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:27 pm 
The Citizen

Well, well...Black Paper Crown...what utter nonsense. only 50 active members? Good grief, what planet are you on? Who are you trying to kid? And as for selling in-print cds at a personal profit...I shake my head in despair. Deplorable.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:34 pm 
Regular

Quote:
Well, there is one. I was thanked for making JTA available through that route and the buyer paid much more than buying it direct from SOS. It bemused me but that profit went right back into Bill's pocket when I bought another copy from SOS.

BPC or you could have just directed the buyer straight to S-O-S yourself as JTA was still available from there!!

At least have the decency to say in print or out of print on the e-bay sale, otherwise it makes you look dodgy,

:(

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:05 pm 
Regular

Very sad to read that Quiet Bells has been listed on eBay soon after the fact. I dare say these discs will sell for silly prices. Perhaps, what is saddening is that some fans in here may have missed out because of the ruthless nature of others who are buying to make profit for their greedy selves.

I remember missing out on The Sparkle Machine due to being in hospital only to find out it was listed on eBay soon after and if I recall rightly at an alarming rate. I do hope that whoever is profiteering may spare a thought for the 'genuine' fans who would have loved to purchased Quiet Bells as well as future limited releases. Somehow, I fear that this note will be ignored by such avarice individuals. :( :( :(

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:36 pm 
The Citizen

cognitivedissonance wrote:
ery sad to read that Quiet Bells has been listed on eBay soon after the fact. I dare say these discs will sell for silly prices. Perhaps, what is saddening is that some fans in here may have missed out because of the ruthless nature of others who are buying to make profit for their greedy selves.

Actually, I think know who is doing it. The simple answer is for people not to take the bait...leave him with an unsold CD on his hands. The album will be re-released eventually on Bandcamp.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:50 am 
Regular

Location: Dreamsville Bureau of Realistic Attributions and Technosurvivalism
I am not going to go any further in the direction of "who?" but more to the point of "how?".

The idea of one per customer was a good idea.

If there is a one per customer policy I would have to assume it is being rorted by the use of alias email accounts, dynamic IP's and/or proxy servers.

Why would anyone want more than one copy except for the obvious reason. It's a bit tragic.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:19 pm 
Regular

Listened last night to the CD for the first time. My favourite track is 'The Day I Dreamed You Up'; lovely!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:21 pm 
Regular

The only BN CD I have bought a second copy of is Joy Through Amplification. It's due to be a birthday present for someone who is missing ALL of Bill's recent work because all his listening is done through Spotify!

[Hey, there's something that Bill and Taylor Swift have in common!]

Buying CDs may be considered old-fashioned by some but I'm delighted that not quite everything is available for nothing 'out there'. The longer we sustain some distance from the modern conventions of unlimited distribution, the longer Bill will sustain some sort of steady income.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:36 pm 
Regular

Same here. I bought Fantasmatron for a friend's birthday.

He's a new Bill Nelson convert, but I doubt he'd order internationally. He's just that way.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:07 pm 
Regular

No Quiet Bells today.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next