www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:47 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Quiet Bells - SOLD OUT
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:20 pm 
Regular

I don't see a huge problem with reselling the original CD.

If – and this is where things go awry – if the seller deletes all digital copies he/she made of it. No iPod copies. No iTunes copies. All of it.

Somehow I don't think the sellers are actually doing that, so they have ZERO business selling the original disc.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:48 pm 
Regular

Location: Dreamsville Bureau of Realistic Attributions and Technosurvivalism
Dar 13.1 wrote:
Bill Nelson wrote:
hypnohighball wrote:
it's all a matter of perspective.

I agree, but there's a difference between selling something you don't want to another fan for a reasonable amount of money and the sheer greed exhibited by asking ridiculously high amounts, plus the deliberate exploitation shown by buying an album only to immediately put it up for sale with the intention of grabbing many times the original price. That's not exactly keeping things in perspective, it's taking advantage of the situation and being bare-faced enough to boast about it.

Pure, discompassionate greed disguised as "good business sense" is something that's helped the world go very sour in some ways . No, re-selling cd's isn't killing the middle class, but taking advantage of good people , then coming to site where they gather , to justify "good business sense" is in incredibly poor taste , and rude as can be . Maybe good business sense, but lousy common sense, i.m.o. :|

+1 to both of you.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:40 pm 
Regular

hypnohighball wrote:
Alan wrote:
Let's put this more in context. At least one person on this site has admitted to buying a limited edition CD, which quickly sold out. Several longtime members have stated they missed out on the CD, for various reasons. This means, at least one of those longtime fans could have gotten the limited CD at the asking price, but missed out because someone wanted to make a few bucks.

I personally consider this poor form. I also see it as someone investing a small amount of money to profit from the artist's hard work.

But the artist got his money - all copies that were offered up for sale were sold. And maybe the reseller doesn't visit this board so he's not aware/concerned of the plight of any long-term members here?

I'll have to agree that it's pretty poor form for a member here to post here "crowing" about flipping a Bill Nelson cd when there's members agonizing over missing out. As a matter of fact, in some parts of the old south here in America that I used to live in, like Alabama, that might actually be a "hanging offence". Heck, I say let's get a rope and discuss it later! :twisted:

No disrespect to you, but I honestly feel the seller of these limited edition cd's does want to make big bucks out the those like myself who have missed out. The only problem is I ain't paying over the top prices. In fact, I think I will take the advice of a clever and smart guy called Bill Nelson and not to buy from these sellers. Though I prefer 'physical' product, I will download from Bandcamp and that way enjoy Bill's Sparkle Machine etc when it becomes available. :D :D :D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:54 pm 
Regular

cognitivedissonance wrote:
No disrespect to you, but I honestly feel the seller of these limited edition cd's does want to make big bucks out the those like myself who have missed out. The only problem is I ain't paying over the top prices. In fact, I think I will take the advice of a clever and smart guy called Bill Nelson and not to buy from these sellers. Though I prefer 'physical' product, I will download from Bandcamp and that way enjoy Bill's Sparkle Machine etc when it becomes available. :D :D :D

That's what I would do, too actually. You guys are letting this small handful of ebay resellers rent waay too much space in your head - fugettaboutem! :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:08 am 
Regular

Location: Dreamsville Bureau of Realistic Attributions and Technosurvivalism
hypnohighball wrote:

That's what I would do, too actually. You guys are letting this small handful of ebay resellers rent waay too much space in your head - fugettaboutem! :)

I'm just not a big fan of greed.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:06 pm 
Regular

MG wrote:
hypnohighball wrote:

I'm just not a big fan of greed.

Me too!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:29 pm 
New in Town

Well, in regards to many of the previous posts… I'm one of the people who blinked. I missed that week in March when it came out and am now lacking this key release. And I'm a huge fan of Bill's more ambient and instrumental work!
So…. anyone here looking to get rid of an extra copy? I know there might be copies available here or there for an exorbitant price, and I'm not so keen on digital downloads…. I buy all Bill's releases direct from his shop (so I can't exactly drown my sorrows by snapping up all those wonderful bargains at 8 pounds - I already have them!) and am starting to feel the sting of this one more and more!
If anyone might happen to have anything, I'd very much appreciate any information. (Just send a message to me via "author") My apologies in advance if it is unacceptable to make such a request through the forum and I can remove this post.
Cheers -- CC

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:00 pm 
Regular

chazzy3 wrote:
So…. anyone here looking to get rid of an extra copy?

In theory no one should have an 'extra' copy as there is a rule at SOS that prohibits the purchase of more than 1 copy. I guess you might find someone willing to offload a copy they don't care much for..... Although the response to this seems universally positive on this board.

Good luck though - and welcome to the forum. :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:12 am 
Regular

chazzy3 wrote:
Well, in regards to many of the previous posts… I'm one of the people who blinked. I missed that week in March when it came out and am now lacking this key release. And I'm a huge fan of Bill's more ambient and instrumental work!
So…. anyone here looking to get rid of an extra copy? I know there might be copies available here or there for an exorbitant price, and I'm not so keen on digital downloads…. I buy all Bill's releases direct from his shop (so I can't exactly drown my sorrows by snapping up all those wonderful bargains at 8 pounds - I already have them!) and am starting to feel the sting of this one more and more!
If anyone might happen to have anything, I'd very much appreciate any information. (Just send a message to me via "author") My apologies in advance if it is unacceptable to make such a request through the forum and I can remove this post.
Cheers -- CC

wadcorp will sell you his for 20,000 pounds :D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:16 pm 
Regular

Dar 13.1 wrote:
wadcorp will sell you his for 20,000 pounds :D

Plus £2.50 for postage.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next