www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:47 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 3:20 am 
Regular

Bill,

Sending you strength and sunshine.

Your friend in America,

Greg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 12:56 am 
Regular

I was sorry to recieve the Bulletin about Ian Nelson and his (in my opinion) untimely death. I always feel sorrow over the demise of somebody who has had an influence in my life because I know out there is a group devestated at the loss of a loved person. I have a feeling of loss, they have such a hole in their life previously filled by a spirit who can no longer be there but will always be remembered and in many respects revered. I know a couple of Young Sax players and when I first met them I was reminded of Ian. They are full of life, rage and joy depending on what they are doing when you meet them. Bill's description of Ian seems to describe a guy who I would have gladly called a friend, and having only briefly met him in the past I could not say more than that. Looking at the reactions of those who knew him better than I He made a good life out of what he had to work with. That is an achievement to be proud of.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 10:58 pm 
Regular

I simply wanted to say how very sorry I was to learn of Ian's death.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 11:50 am 
Regular

Bill, I'm so sorry for your terrible loss. I can't imagine what you're going through. I can't find the right words to give you comfort, but I can send my love. XXX

Post subject: deepest empathy
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 3:35 pm 
New in Town

So very sorry to hear of your loss. My husband and I both lost brothers when they were in their 30s. Feel the warmth of those precious memories everyday, but do not hide inside them. love..

Post subject: My Encounter with Ian
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 8:17 pm 
Regular

The news of Ian has been so sad to me and on my mind all weekend. I first want to send Bill and Ians family my personal sympathy and wish them all my best.Your pain is felt by your friends and followers worldwide.My only Encounter with Ian was in Hollywood California in the mid 80's when Red Noise Toured.my friend and i were standing around the Wisky Go Go staring up at a Go Go dancer in a plactic Tube Dancing with very little on and suddenly there was a person standing by us doing the same thing.I had never known what Ian looked like but my friend thought it was Ian so as we starred at the Beauty creature tease us i offered ian a drink, I cant remember what he ordered but thought he looked a lot like Harpo Marx, He had a very happy smile on his face as we all did.we briefly chated about how we thought he was a fantastic Sax player and how he liked the USA . He was very nice and polite to us given the fact we just met .i have always remembered his good natured spirit in all of the 10 minutes with him that night. God Bless you IAN. You are Loved ..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 12:12 pm 
Regular

I am still shocked... I should not, because of my daily job at the Hospital... but even after all the years I spent in the area, I can feel deep inside when someone loses a very loved one...
The year is going away too fast, as if time itself were wanting to let it pass ... maybe 2007 will be better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 3:59 am 
Regular

What a wonderful diary entry today Bill. As difficult as it must have been, those of us who could only be there in spirit really appreciate you going through the trouble. It was as if we were there.

I'm gonna go have another good cry now.

Bless you all and may you always find comfort when you need it the most.

Tilley

"...the vast ventriloquism of sleep's faded papier-mache..."
--Wallace Stevens

Post subject: Ian
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 6:21 pm 
Sincere condolences, Bill, on the loss of Ian. I knew him when he was with Fiat Lux. Nice guy, great saxophonist, demonstrated impeccably on your production of 'Photography'.

Post subject: Ian Nelson
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 11:55 pm 
New in Town

Dearest Bill,

I have been out of touch with the Nelson world for sometime now, busy with work, raising a family, moving, ect., but today I decided to check out your Website to see what was new. I was terribly shocked, saddened and heart broken to learn of Ian's untimely passing. I was fortunate enough to have shared a pint or two with Ian when I traveled across the "Pond" to attend several Nelsonica Conventions. What a warm and
kind human being he was. He also played a "mean" sax too! It was really a joy to see Ian and you on stage playing so inspired. I'll never forget him, and his spirit will live on in the music................
My deepest sympathies go out to his family, and to you Bill, for I see from your recent writings, that you loved him a great deal....

Rest In Peace Ian Nelson,

Love from Las Vegas, USA

Barry Bornstein

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next