www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:38 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: THANK YOU FROM THE NELSON FAMILY.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:10 pm 
The Citizen

Dear Friends...I'd like to sincerely thank you all, on behalf of Diane, Julian, Louis, Lucy, my mother Jean, and myself, for the wonderful kindness you've shown us in your recent postings. Your sympathy and love has astonished us and has been not only moving but a great comfort in this difficult time. I really don't know what to say, I'm so overwhelmed by the wonderful response. Thank you so much. I pray that Ian, somehow, is aware of this outpouring. I'm sure he's as humbled and touched by your thoughts as we all are. As I said in Ian's thread, he would be absolutely amazed.
I'd mentioned that Ian's funeral would be next week. This is now confirmed for Tuesday the 2nd of May. There will be a service and a burial, both of which will be strictly private affairs for the Nelson family only. However, again as I'd previously mentioned, there will be an opportunity, during the afternoon, for anyone and everyone who wishes to remember Ian, to gather together to celebrate his life. This gathering will be at The Yorkshire Sculpture Park at West Bretton, just outside Wakefield on Tuesday 2nd of May at 1 pm.
As I'm sure you can imagine, we're all still struggling to come to terms with what has happened. It's going to be a long time before some kind of equilibrium is achieved. The shock we've suffered is ongoing. But your kind words have been inspirational and touched us deeply. Once aqain, from all of us, thank you so very, very much.
Bill Nelson.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:18 pm 
Regular

"Tell me not, in mournful numbers,
Life is but an empty dream!
For the soul is dead that slumbers,
and things are not what they seem.
Life is real! Life is earnest!
And the grave is not its goal;
Dust thou art; to dust returnest,
Was not spoken of the soul."

– Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:58 pm 
New in Town

Bill, having only just found out about Ian's death, please allow me to pass on my sincere condolences to Ian's family, Emi & you, Ian's mum and all his friends at this time.
One memory from my four meetings with Ian, (three with you, and one to ask him some sculpture information) is in a pub you took us to after showing me around the sculpture park.
It was a simple setting, 3 'lads' sat having a pub meal, Ian and yourself bouncing off each other telling me a whole range of stories. Ian's wit and one-liners shone that day . . .
It is still, by far, the most amusing 2-3 hours of conversation I have ever had the pleasure to experience. Ian more than just played his part !!!
A warm sincere gentleman, a lovely human being. Indeed, I think he was rare. He was a joy.

May he rest in peace.

Post subject: i'm so sorry....
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:53 pm 
New in Town

i know words are so lacking and almost meaningless in times such as these, but i feel your grief and also celebrate his life as just a woman across the ocean here.
i don't know what to say...what can i say?
i don't know...but i felt i needed to just at least throw in my little condolences to you all here, even tho it is from a stranger.

i know what it is like to lose a loved one so suddenly, and that shock.

life and death are so puzzling.

i will share with you what i wrote about this in my journal today, as i do not know what else to say but this:

"life throws us all so many curveballs.
even to the best of us.
no one is immune.

it is good to be willing to let go into the dephs of sorrow and feel it all, even tho it is feels almost impossible to survive it when one is going through it. and surely countless have died of broken hearts.
it is better to feel than not feel, i think.
and just let it move through you then let it block you all up.

it is funny how death changes us.
even tho it is all an illusion of separation.
it feels so damn real, doesn't it?

how DO we pierce that "veil" and touch our loved ones again?
just to see their eyes one more time.
smell their scent, hear their laugh.
even for a flicker of a second.

time is cruel.
a gift and tormentor.
a leisurely stroll through every fraction of suffering and engorged joyous moment.
time is the cross we all must bear.

T-i/me

i love it and i hate it.
time is the most beautiful and the most savage.
a delicate wisp and a bone crunching machine.

wabi sabi:
nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect

today is the new moon."

Post subject: Deepest condolences
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:46 pm 
New in Town

I just logged on to see what was new in the world of Bill Nelson, only to be shocked at the grievous news. I hope that Bill and the rest of Ian's family and friends can gain some comfort from the outpouring of sympathy and support from Bill's fans. It seems that that has been true to some extent from reading Bill's remarks. Since I have never before registered here or on any other forum, it may be some indication of my feeling for Bill and his music that this sad event obligated me to write with such condolences as I can offer. Although I am in California and cannot be with those gathering to pay respects to Ian, my thoughts will surely be with you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 9:17 pm 
Regular

Attended the celebration of Ian's life at the Yorkshire Sculpture Park today. Unlike many here, I'd never ever spoken to Ian...not even the briefest of post gig exchanges. The reason I went was because Ian's music, whether in collaboration with Bill or as part of Fiat Lux, has always been important to me. I didn't know the guy but I knew his music. Obviously I feel a different kind of sadness to the dreadful sense of loss that the (extended) Nelson family are experiencing, but a loss nonetheless. I won't go into detail on the event, save to say that it was a fitting tribute to someone who touched many lives. More than he knew.

"To create is to resist, to resist is to create." ― Stéphane Hessel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 9:29 pm 
Regular

John Izzard wrote:
Attended the celebration of Ian's life at the Yorkshire Sculpture Park today.

Thank you for being there, especially from those of us who could not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 10:37 pm 
Regular

I second the sentiment of Brother Wadcorp...I wish I could have been there, and am glad to know that some Nelsonian ambassadors were able to attend to represent those of us too far away to give physical support. I am sure, however, that Ian's family, as well as Bill's, can feel the presence of us all in spirit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 11:27 pm 
Regular

John Izzard wrote:
Attended the celebration of Ian's life at the Yorkshire Sculpture Park today. Unlike many here, I'd never ever spoken to Ian...not even the briefest of post gig exchanges. The reason I went was because Ian's music, whether in collaboration with Bill or as part of Fiat Lux, has always been important to me. I didn't know the guy but I knew his music. Obviously I feel a different kind of sadness to the dreadful sense of loss that the (extended) Nelson family are experiencing, but a loss nonetheless. I won't go into detail on the event, save to say that it was a fitting tribute to someone who touched many lives. More than he knew.

John, I am not usually any good at these functions at all, usually feel very awkward and not quite sure where to put myself et al but felt compelled to attend to celebrate the very significant contribution made by Ian to music generally.

It was a fitting statement of Ian's significance in the global scale of things and I can't really thank all involved for making appropriate acknowledgement of such.

Ian's legacy will long be remembered as was highligted superbly by his sons and immediate family and many many more.

I thank you Bill and family for allowing me to share these very precious moments and reminding me what real human beings are/should be like.

Ian would be very proud.

Sid Lewis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:33 am 
Regular

The wife and I attended yesterdays memorial to Ian and I'm glad to find that there were other 'Nelsonians' attending too. I had only briefly met Ian twice, the former having a short chat with him at the Irish centre gig before Bill's solo spot. I also felt compelled to attend after Bill's gracious invite to anyone who wished to celebrate Ians life and I too had feelings of being an ambassador for those Nelsonians who could not 'physically' make it. Like John Izzard I won't go into detail but to say that Ian's sons tribute was very beautiful and moving.I'm sure that if there's a heaven above Ian was looking down with the satisfaction of knowing how much his family loved him and how he was admired by the rest of us.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next