www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:11 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: Plectrajet CD on sale
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:39 pm 
Regular

Anyone reading this who hasn't done so - should immediately order a copy of Golden Melodies Of Tomorrow.

That stands up as a bona-fide classic album - by any standards 8)

Post subject: Re: New CD on sale - Plectrajet
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:21 am 
Regular

hypnohighball wrote:
Exploding Ned wrote:
Being a guitar hedd anyway, Plectrajet is indeed one of my favorites of the past several years. I'm also surprised it hasn't sold out, but then we guitar geeks aren't so much towards the front of the line like we were in the 60s/70s. I may tell some freinds about it in the next weeks. How close is to to being gone-for-good, if you don't mind me asking?

Bill said he increased the pressing run for this particular title to 750 instead of the usual 500 copies.

Bill Nelson Post subject: Re: Forum membership and album sales.PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:48 pm

" The interesting thing is that not 500 copies of 'Plectrajet' were printed, but 750. From regular comments on the forum it seemed that the album was greatly anticipated by fans and so we thought the number of people looking forward to its release could warrant a slightly bigger production run, (though 750 copies is hardly pushing the boat out.)

However, that apparent anticipation was a bit of a red-herring as the album has only sold slightly over 500 copies and the remainder are still sitting on the shelf. (And that total includes the 25 copies I get to give to family and friends plus several gratis copies that go to the Nelsonica team.)

So, it does seem to indicate that, despite the forum and facebook tally of over 7000 fans, just 500 copies of an album is the absolute limit. Therefore I won't be pressing any more quantities than this in future.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned as another possible cause for loss of sales is illegal downloads. I'm aware of various sources of these and even new albums fall foul of it. Of course, not everyone will avail themselves of this but a great many do take advantage of a free or cheap download rather than pay the artist his due. As we've mentioned before on the forum, it;s a sad fact that modern culture sees fit to steal from, or cheat, musicians who work hard to maintain a living from their music. I don't know what can be done to correct this, other than to appeal to a fan's sense of decency and urge them to pay legally for the music they enjoy and consume."

Thanx for the heads up. Still baffled it hasn't sold out... an amazing piece of work.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10