www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Sat May 25, 2019 12:02 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: New CD on sale - Plectrajet
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:48 pm 
Regular

James Ellis wrote:
Pod:

These International orders, are they track-able ? like a recorded delivery, it would help if they were, then you could see when & where they have got to, might be one to suggest to S-O-S.

Good idea & i will suggest it to them.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:39 am 
Regular

In the land downunder we still haven't had reports of any sightings of Plectrajet......... maybe next week...... if postie doesn't get waylaid by ravenous Tassie Devils........!

:? :shock: :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:45 pm 
Regular

sauropod wrote:
felixt1 wrote:

Did you lose out on Stereo Star Maps? :shock:

Yes. Someone must've pinched it between the time I purchased from SoS and when it was supposed to reach my home.

Hmm, can't have that can we...check your PMs Dave.. :wink:

Andy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:03 am 

James Ellis wrote:
Pod:

These International orders, are they track-able ? like a recorded delivery, it would help if they were, then you could see when & where they have got to, might be one to suggest to S-O-S.

At present we don't offer a choice of 'tracked delivery' because our online shop does not have the capability to store the tracking number against the order. Also, the cost of using a trackable Royal Mail service would add to the overall purchase price. I realise some fans would not mind paying the difference it's just we don't have an admin mechanism to deal with it in-house.
We are currently building a new SOS site with a new eCommerce technology and hope to offer this sort of service though it won't be until next year.

Regards
Paul

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:47 am 
Regular

I'm in the USA across the pond and never had a problem. I also don't want any extra postage charges - my vote is to carry on as usual, SOS, you're doing a fantastic job! :D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:52 am 
Regular

Quote:
I'm in the USA across the pond and never had a problem. I also don't want any extra postage charges - my vote is to carry on as usual, SOS, you're doing a fantastic job! :D

hypnohighball, I think the extra charges would be optional, I must say although I live in the UK I've had some vexing experiences with the post office & it would have been nice to have had the tracking option available, even more so with Bill's CD's :?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:56 am 
Regular

James Ellis wrote:
Quote:

hypnohighball, I think the extra charges would be optional, I must say although I live in the UK I've had some vexing experiences with the post office & it would have been nice to have had the tracking option available, even more so with Bill's CD's :?

Recently I took delivery of the last 3 Zeppelin reissues (which bizarrely were being delivered in 2 separate parcels even though they were ordered as a set) and waited patiently at their point of delivery all day following the tracking information that Amazon provide as part of their service. The updating was inaccurate and slow and I nearly missed the first parcel as the tracking information suggested the delivery was some hours away so I nipped out for no more than 15 minutes only to then get a knock at the door 10 minutes later. When the second parcel arrived luckily my partner was home but I had nipped out again on the basis of where the tracker said my parcel was......

Basically it didn't help me one bit to be honest although I was grateful that the items arrived earlier than I had expected .....

I've never had any problem with SOS nor the Royal Mail to be fair although the Royal Mail have a habit of bundling my post together with an elastic band and if one item doesn't fit through the letter box they take them all to the depot and make me collect them as a job lot - which is irritating to say the least. Next time they'll leave the large item in my wheelie bin, and the time after that leave it with an elderly lady who lives opposite. I do accept though that others will have plenty of sorry tales to tell regards missing or damaged items.......

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:14 pm 
Regular

Mick, I know that Amazon use casual staff to deliver parcels, I even had a neighbor arrive at my door with a delivery, I'm guessing these staff are "creative" with their electronic diary entries, especially if they are at home or in the pub/cafe,

This is also true of the post office, increasing numbers of agency staff who don't have the same sort of loyalty to the business, the unions were warning about this 30 years ago,

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:52 pm 
Regular

Anyone else notice that the jewel case is slightly… uh… flimsier.

At least the cover plastic seems to bend very easily compared to earlier releases.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:02 am 
Regular

Umm......It does seem a little more flimsy now you mention it, but only slightly,

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next