www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:12 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: New CD on sale - Plectrajet
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:24 pm 
Regular

The jewel case is just the same as normal....... flimsy easy to crack..... they're all like that...!

The music on the other hand is anything but flimsy.......! another gem Bill...!

Well worth the wait.... can't believe this one has not sold out yet....!

:) :) :) :) :) :)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:27 am 
Regular

gee...i was just getting nervous enough after ordering two plus weeks ago to post here "WHERE IS MY PLECTRAJET???" when it arrived yesterday. boy, oh boy, was this worth the wait. i can't recall ever waiting two whole weeks from S-O-S...always expeditious, THANKS! i instead have got to say: WHAT A GORGEOUS GUITAR RECORD! thank you BILL! best of health, benny

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:20 pm 
Regular

hypnohighball wrote:
I'm in the USA across the pond and never had a problem. I also don't want any extra postage charges - my vote is to carry on as usual, SOS, you're doing a fantastic job! :D

Yeah it's fairly common for online merchants to offer standard shipping, and then expedited shipping/tracking at additional cost. Perhaps you're new to this interwebs thing. heh heh

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:37 pm 
Regular

Being a guitar hedd anyway, Plectrajet is indeed one of my favorites of the past several years. I'm also surprised it hasn't sold out, but then we guitar geeks aren't so much towards the front of the line like we were in the 60s/70s.

I may tell some freinds about it in the next weeks. How close is to to being gone-for-good, if you don't mind me asking?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:07 am 
Regular

Exploding Ned wrote:
Being a guitar hedd anyway, Plectrajet is indeed one of my favorites of the past several years. I'm also surprised it hasn't sold out, but then we guitar geeks aren't so much towards the front of the line like we were in the 60s/70s.

I may tell some freinds about it in the next weeks. How close is to to being gone-for-good, if you don't mind me asking?

Bill said he increased the pressing run for this particular title to 750 instead of the usual 500 copies.

Bill Nelson Post subject: Re: Forum membership and album sales.PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:48 pm

" The interesting thing is that not 500 copies of 'Plectrajet' were printed, but 750. From regular comments on the forum it seemed that the album was greatly anticipated by fans and so we thought the number of people looking forward to its release could warrant a slightly bigger production run, (though 750 copies is hardly pushing the boat out.)

However, that apparent anticipation was a bit of a red-herring as the album has only sold slightly over 500 copies and the remainder are still sitting on the shelf. (And that total includes the 25 copies I get to give to family and friends plus several gratis copies that go to the Nelsonica team.)

So, it does seem to indicate that, despite the forum and facebook tally of over 7000 fans, just 500 copies of an album is the absolute limit. Therefore I won't be pressing any more quantities than this in future.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned as another possible cause for loss of sales is illegal downloads. I'm aware of various sources of these and even new albums fall foul of it. Of course, not everyone will avail themselves of this but a great many do take advantage of a free or cheap download rather than pay the artist his due. As we've mentioned before on the forum, it;s a sad fact that modern culture sees fit to steal from, or cheat, musicians who work hard to maintain a living from their music. I don't know what can be done to correct this, other than to appeal to a fan's sense of decency and urge them to pay legally for the music they enjoy and consume."

Post subject: Re: Plectrajet CD on sale
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:06 pm 
New in Town

I ordered this a while back but haven't received it yet.

Any delays from SOS?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:14 pm 
Regular

More than dismayed for the collective initially, especially the financial collective
Not good initial outcome
delayed gratification is the answer here it has gravitas it is the proffessional artistic attempt at a live rendition set, of a set that might not ever get repeated or should i say will never be repeated :(
That message cannot be conveyed over the internet so in essence
it's a keeper in the physical world here on the ground
The way it will sell out is on ground level
If the winds are right and the projected album launch next year happens with the citizen is in the moment with his people , then we will all storm the new faces in an eloquent way, who are looking for a recommendation and all will have a need to convey PLECTRAJET
As a definite investment as testament to a decent human as a testament to a friend as a testament as a beautiful talent all those and more... infintesimal :wink: :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:07 pm 
Regular

How can this beauty STILL not be sold out??????????? (One of my favourite BN works ever!)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:20 pm 
Regular

calkigula wrote:
How can this beauty STILL not be sold out??????????? (One of my favourite BN works ever!)

I agree. Looking at that list of CDs still available is kind of depressing. There are so many masterworks still available including some of my most favorite:

Albion Dream Vortex
Dream Transmission Pavilion
Fables and Dreamsongs
Fantastic Guitars
Golden Melodies of Tomorrow
Modern Moods for Mighty Atoms
Signals from Realms of Light
The Palace of Strange Voltages
Theatre of Falling Leaves

Just incredible. They should all be sold out.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:51 am 
Regular

Location: Dreamsville Bureau of Realistic Attributions and Technosurvivalism
Pathdude wrote:
calkigula wrote:

I agree. Looking at that list of CDs still available is kind of depressing. There are so many masterworks still available including some of my most favorite:

Albion Dream Vortex
Dream Transmission Pavilion
Fables and Dreamsongs
Fantastic Guitars
Golden Melodies of Tomorrow
Modern Moods for Mighty Atoms
Signals from Realms of Light
The Palace of Strange Voltages
Theatre of Falling Leaves

Just incredible. They should all be sold out.

+1!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next