www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Sun May 26, 2019 8:06 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Electric Atlas CD - SOLD OUT
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:39 am 
New in Town

I certainly wouldn't part with mine for £200. I love it too much.
I should also have said hello - I'm new here. Until fairly recently I only had the Mercury albums then I've picked up a few more albums over the years, usually by chance I seem to have acquired mainly the vocal albums. A few months back I picked up the Noise Candy reissue and since then I've delved head first into the back catalogue, weekly orders from SOS and downloads from BandCamp.
I've been listening to pretty much wall to wall Bill Nelson recently. I know Bill reads these posts and I just wanted to say thank you for the music! I'm sure like everyone else here it enriches my life so much, and I'm glad there's so much of it still for me to discover. In general I prefer my music to be vocal/pop songs but Bill's music has really opened my ears to the power of instrumental music.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:59 am 
Regular

Hello and welcome, to Dreamsville, BigManRestless :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:03 pm 
The Citizen

BigManRestless wrote:
I should also have said hello - I'm new here. Until fairly recently I only had the Mercury albums then I've picked up a few more albums over the years, usually by chance I seem to have acquired mainly the vocal albums. A few months back I picked up the Noise Candy reissue and since then I've delved head first into the back catalogue, weekly orders from SOS and downloads from BandCamp.
I've been listening to pretty much wall to wall Bill Nelson recently. I know Bill reads these posts and I just wanted to say thank you for the music! I'm sure like everyone else here it enriches my life so much, and I'm glad there's so much of it still for me to discover. In general I prefer my music to be vocal/pop songs but Bill's music has really opened my ears to the power of instrumental music.

Thanks, BigManRestless...that's very encouraging to hear! I'm glad my music is helping to open up your appreciation of different forms. Welcome to the forum and keep in touch! :wink: :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:57 am 
Regular

Welcome to Dreamsville. You are in luck, as Esoteric is reissuing many of the out of print albums. My suggestion is to buy them all and decide which is your favourite later.

My tastes too tend towards pop, but everything bill is so beautiful! And you can buy (almost) factory direct from the artist with your money going to him instead of some uncaring mega-company. Win-win!

:arrow:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:22 pm 
Regular

BigManRestless wrote:

It's the Big Man Restless! :wink: Welcome! :D

I love Noise Candy myself! What a great choice for delving into the back catalog!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:27 pm 
Regular

Location: Dreamsville Bureau of Realistic Attributions and Technosurvivalism
MondoJohnny wrote:
It's the Big Man Restless! :wink: Welcome! :D

Howdy and welcome to Dreamsville.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:37 pm 
The Citizen

And, if you haven't got it already, please check out 'The Practice Of Everyday Life' box set available from Esoteric Records...tremenous value for what amounts to eight CDs and a totally fabulous package including a lavish booklet covering my entire careerr.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:13 am 
Regular

Bill Nelson wrote:
And, if you haven't got it already, please check out 'The Practice Of Everyday Life' box set available from Esoteric Records...tremenous value for what amounts to eight CDs and a totally fabulous package including a lavish booklet covering my entire careerr.

Shhh. Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting wabbits. :mrgreen:

Edit: Just did a search, Cherry Red: "PLEASE NOTE THIS ITEM IS CURRENTLY OUT OF STOCK"
Checking Amazon produces one for over $300.00, so finding one might not be so easy now.

#2 Edit: Amazon has choices starting at 70 bucks used, so there are copies out there to be had for a reasonable price.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:32 am 
New in Town

Thank you for the kind welcomes, especially nice to hear from Mr Nelson himself!

I think I've caught up now with pretty much everything still in print or on Bandcamp (5 more albums arrived this week already!). Hope the Esoteric / Cherry Red reissues are continuing. My Secret Studio and Demonstrations Of Affection are on the top of my wish list of the titles they have licensed for reissue.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:05 am 
Regular

Location: Dreamsville Bureau of Realistic Attributions and Technosurvivalism
I did email SOS support a couple of days ago about the (so far) non-arrival of this CD and mailing lead times.

I received a prompt reply from a very nice person working for SOS.

Don't get me wrong.

SOS have never done anything except give 110% to servicing BN fans and getting BN's music to us; and I thank them for this.

We are lucky fans to have SOS on BN's side of the business.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next