www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Sun May 26, 2019 9:13 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: Electric Atlas CD - SOLD OUT
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:23 am 
New in Town

Thanks for taking the time to respond Bill. I'm sure though you have better things to do.

In truth I've no documentary evidence that I placed the order. My mistake was not taking a screen grab of the SOS page at the end of the ordering process but I've never needed to before.

Maybe I should pay via Paypal in the future then at least if I delete the e-mail I have somewhere to go to retrieve it.

I also have been neglectful of the forum of late. If I hadn't, I would have seen the warnings of low stock and acted sooner so as I said before "my fault".

I'll maybe e-mail SOS and see if they can see if it got stuck in the ether, so to speak.

500 discs seems too few but more seems too many. It's a shame, as Bill's music deserves to be heard by a wider audience.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:00 pm 
Regular

BobK wrote:
Been playing 'Electric Atlas' for weeks. One of my favourite BN vocal albums ever. Absolutely superb.

bob

Agreed. It's one of the better ones in my book. Not to be too nostalgic, but it's reminding me of the more "autobiographical" CD's Bill put out in the "Secret Studio" days. Or, perhaps it's just me. It's hitting the right spots, nonetheless!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:23 pm 
The Citizen

mthom wrote:
Not to be too nostalgic, but it's reminding me of the more "autobiographical" CD's

As for autobiographical albums, there's a real beauty coming up: 'All That I Remember' is very direct in that each track references a particular event, time or theme from my childhood and youth. It's like a sonic film, an accompaniment, in part, to my book 'Painted From Memory.' I think this may be the next release after 'Loom.' (And it's totally different from that album.) :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:58 pm 
Regular

I look forward to whatever the decision to release next. Loom ordered, all is right within my household. Now off to the music conservatory to listen to All Bill, All the Time. :wink:

:arrow:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:05 pm 
Regular

Location: Dreamsville Bureau of Realistic Attributions and Technosurvivalism
Bill Nelson wrote:
mthom wrote:
Not to be too nostalgic, but it's reminding me of the more "autobiographical" CD's

As for autobiographical albums, there's a real beauty coming up: 'All That I Remember' is very direct in that each track references a particular event, time or theme from my childhood and youth. It's like a sonic film, an accompaniment, in part, to my book 'Painted From Memory.' I think this may be the next release after 'Loom.' (And it's totally different from that album.) :)

That is enticing. I look forward to it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:01 pm 
Regular

Yes, and when you only make 500 available to your 5,000 fans it's no wonder so many unlucky bastards miss out and why they then appear on ebay selling for ridiculous prices!! Then, inevitably, it's you (the artist) that then complains about that too. And, by the way, I totally agree with you about illegal downloading. How do you square that circle Mr. N?

I know, tell me about it! Those are some of the best albums I've ever released, and yet, years after, they're still in stock. The only thing that explains it, considering that I have well over 5,000 fans on social media, is that they're illegaly downloading albums instead of buying them at source from the artist. And whichever bastard is making them available as illegal downloads wants shafting up the arse with a hot poker! :evil: [/quote]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:14 am 
Regular

From the words of one Sonny Bono, "It Ain't Me Babe". LOL. Anyway, I just received my copy of, "Electric Atlas". What a gem!! And, that's just the first listen - second time around as we speak. Love that artwork, Bill. Love listening to your vocals, too!! They seem stronger this time around. Very nice!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:37 am 
Regular

Sound On Sound wrote:
We are now down to the last few remaining copies of this special limited edition CD.
If you wish to purchase a copy please email Lisa in our Mail Order Dept. Do NOT include any payment details at this time.
lisa.pope@soundonsound.com

I was one of the stragglers who had to go this route to get a copy. I placed my order with SOS through Lisa on Nov 26th, credit card was billed and I got a confirmation email on Nov 30. Haven't received a thing yet, but today I got the "Loom" cd I ordered on Dec 10th. Now I'm worried. I just sent an email to Lisa AND SOS but they are on holiday until Jan 6th.

Did anyone else do this same thing to get a copy and have you received it?

Thanks! - John

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:30 pm 
Regular

hypnohighball wrote:
Sound On Sound wrote:
We are now down to the last few remaining copies of this special limited edition CD.
If you wish to purchase a copy please email Lisa in our Mail Order Dept. Do NOT include any payment details at this time.
lisa.pope@soundonsound.com

I was one of the stragglers who had to go this route to get a copy. I placed my order with SOS through Lisa on Nov 26th, credit card was billed and I got a confirmation email on Nov 30. Haven't received a thing yet, but today I got the "Loom" cd I ordered on Dec 10th. Now I'm worried. I just sent an email to Lisa AND SOS but they are on holiday until Jan 6th.

Did anyone else do this same thing to get a copy and have you received it?

Thanks! - John

Nobody?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:14 pm 
Regular

My Electric Atlas cd arrived here yesterday so I'm all caught up so far. Looking forward to listening to it this week!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8