www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:19 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject: Re: 'LOOM'-THE MISSING TRACK.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:44 pm 
Regular

Tiffanys Hull 1974 wrote:
Thank you 'wadcorp'. I will try again. I couldn't see the options.

Walter deserves full credit.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:36 pm 
Regular

The Aflac duck was not directed at anyone. FLAC always reminds me of him for some reason. Everyone enjoy the computer file of your choice. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:53 pm 
Regular

Whenever I read conversations about FLAC files, I think of the damn AFLAC duck.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:37 pm 
New in Town

Thanks. Really enjoying listening to your latest offering. I wonder if it would not be nicer to release your CDs without jewel case packaging. There's something horribly tacky about a brittle plastic box. Cardboard sleeves serve wonderfully well for vinyl releases. Would not a beautifully designed cardboard sleeve be sufficient to house a CD?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:40 pm 
The Citizen

Archimedes Woo wrote:
Thanks. Really enjoying listening to your latest offering. I wonder if it would not be nicer to release your CDs without jewel case packaging. There's something horribly tacky about a brittle plastic box. Cardboard sleeves serve wonderfully well for vinyl releases. Would not a beautifully designed cardboard sleeve be sufficient to house a CD?

It would, but then we wouldn't have space for much artwork, which is always fun to design. The other alternative, which we've occasionally pursued, is a digipak...but for some reason they cost twice as much to manufacture as a jewel case, which effectively halves my income from each album. So, I only do digipaks as a special treat for certain albums.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:13 pm 
New in Town

Bill Nelson wrote:
Archimedes Woo wrote:

It would, but then we wouldn't have space for much artwork, which is always fun to design. The other alternative, which we've occasionally pursued, is a digipak...but for some reason they cost twice as much to manufacture as a jewel case, which effectively halves my income from each album. So, I only do digipaks as a special treat for certain albums.

Fair enough. I was thinking along the lines of dispensing with plastic all together by having a cardboard sleeve, gate fold or single, with maybe an auxiliary paper insert for more artwork, lyrics, or generally musically inclined information. I guess plastic is simply to drastic for my tastes. However, I certainly wouldn't like to see you lose out considering how often you've been cheated by the recording industry over the years. On a slightly different note, I was checking out Quiet Bells on your website. I clicked the link to buy the CD from the Dreamsville Store but it was not listed even as a sold out item. It was also not listed on the SOS website or, as far as I can tell, available as a digital download. Any ideas on how I could purchase a copy?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:08 am 
The Citizen

Archimedes Woo wrote:
I was checking out Quiet Bells on your website. I clicked the link to buy the CD from the Dreamsville Store but it was not listed even as a sold out item. It was also not listed on the SOS website or, as far as I can tell, available as a digital download. Any ideas on how I could purchase a copy?

Unfortunately, 'Quiet Bells' sold out rather quickly so there are no more copies available. I will be issuing it as a digital download at some point in the future but not for a while yet.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:12 am 
New in Town

Bill Nelson wrote:
Archimedes Woo wrote:
I was checking out Quiet Bells on your website. I clicked the link to buy the CD from the Dreamsville Store but it was not listed even as a sold out item. It was also not listed on the SOS website or, as far as I can tell, available as a digital download. Any ideas on how I could purchase a copy?

Unfortunately, 'Quiet Bells' sold out rather quickly so there are no more copies available. I will be issuing it as a digital download at some point in the future but not for a while yet.

OK, thanks for letting me know. I'll keep an ear open for the digital download.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:59 pm 
Regular

Location: Dreamsville Bureau of Realistic Attributions and Technosurvivalism
Archimedes Woo wrote:

Howdy! Welcome to Dreamsville Mr. Woo!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:57 pm 
New in Town

Howdy! Welcome to Dreamsville Mr. Woo![/quote]

Whoopi! Woo welcomed to Dreamsville, although somewhat confused by "Howdy" as not American. Also, Woo not fan of Ayn Rand's philosophy of Objectivism, although not being required to be, not troubled by it either.
Welcome always welcome, to and from all beings on planet Earth.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4