www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:48 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Important Information for Launch Party attendees.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:13 pm 

To all attendees.

Doors will open at 4pm.

If you are driving, there is a lovely new multi storey car park on campus, which is very close to the Clothworkers Hall.

http://carparking.leeds.ac.uk/

Please don't park in a space thinking that you don't have to pay because all parking is operated by camera and you will be fined £80.

You won't get in without a ticket. Please print your ticket, as showing us an email on your phone will not get you in. Everyone has had a confirmation Email delivered to the address given when purchasing.

You will receive your signed CD on entry.

There will be a merchandise stall that will be cash only so bring plenty!

The bar will be open in the reception area till 8pm and you will be allowed to take your drinks into the concert hall.

Bill will get the party started with a live set at 5-15.
Please, NO AUDIO OR VIDEO RECORDING.
Bill is happy for still photography, but strictly NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY during the performances.

There will be a short interview/ Q and A after the live set. We will then have a break till the album playback at 8pm. The merchandise stall will close at 7-45.

The event should finish at around 9-30pm. I suggest plans are made to meet up after the event at a nearby pub...I'll need a drink.

Have a great evening...it's a party!!

Post subject: Re: Important Information for Launch Party attendees.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:32 pm 
Regular

Location: Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire, West of The Rhubarb Triangle
Unfortunately I'm not able to attend this 'gig'. However, while I'm very well aware by now, that no filming is to be allowed, I'm wondering if there is going to be an Official film recording of the event. Perhaps this is to be by an approved person. For those of us out here who are not able to attend, the idea of a non-bootleg version to of the musical performance (to purchase later), would be greatly appreciated, and I for one would be happy to purchase the DVD! Afterall, Bill's live gigs are getting rather thin on the ground these days. Film recordings of his rare gigs will be a great legacy of a tremendous and important artist.
well, lets hope at least...if the answer is NO, then in my view, it's a wasted sales opportunity too. For goodness sake, cash in on your fame Bill...
I'll be lining up early to make sure that I manage to obtain the album before it obviously sells out in a day or two after it's release !

http://www.soundclick.com/archiveavenue

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:23 pm 
Regular

Location: Dreamsville Bureau of Realistic Attributions and Technosurvivalism
I get the above post if anything official can be recorded.

That being said:

It would be nice for those who can't be there if someone could take some photos and post them on these boards.

Take care travelling and have a nice time.

I would have been overjoyed to be able to meet some of you but...... no; not in this life it seems.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:57 am 

Martin Bostock will be on hand to take photographs which I'm sure he will post up on the forum.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:43 pm 
New in Town

This is very late notice but because of a sudden serious family illness, I now cannot attend this weekend's event.

I would hate my ticket to go to waste, so would anyone like to buy it from me and enjoy a wonderful evening in the company of one of world's most brilliant musicians?

Please email 45mjal@gmail.com and we can make it happen - in the full knowledge of Ian Haydock who would need to pass on your details to the staff on the door so that you gain entry.

Thank you.

Jonathan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:17 am 
Regular

Location: Dreamsville Bureau of Realistic Attributions and Technosurvivalism
RayOfhope wrote:
This is very late notice but because of a sudden serious family illness, I now cannot attend this weekend's event.

I'm sorry to hear this.

My best wishes to you and your family in this tough time.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:31 pm 
Regular

Unfortunately, due to some severe arthritis pain, I won't be able to make the trip. (It's about a three hour drive from where I live.) Fortunately, I had taken out booking insurance, so I should get a refund for my tickets. However, this means that there should be two tickets that are released and available. I don't know how this works, but perhaps those in charge of organizing this event might want to see how to get those two tickets released so others may be able to use them.

I'm sorry I'm going to miss it, and especially sorry I won't get signed copies of the album... :-(

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:18 pm 

We are unable to release any more tickets as we have sold our allocation. The insurance pays out for the ticket, but doesn't return any to us. Frustrating for all concerned, I'm afraid.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:20 pm 
Regular

Man in the rexine pyjamas wrote:
We are unable to release any more tickets as we have sold our allocation. The insurance pays out for the ticket, but doesn't return any to us. Frustrating for all concerned, I'm afraid.

Oh, sorry to hear that.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:56 pm 
Regular

If all goes well, we'll be flying out of Philly tonight at 9:00 and will be in London tomorrow morning at 9:00am London time... looking forward to connecting with folks. I'll likely post more once I am in England and have some bearing as to where I am and where I need to be... The excitement is building...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next