www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:51 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: DRIVE THIS COMET ACROSS THE SKY - Now available on Bandcamp
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:46 am 
Bar Manager

In case you haven't received the email notification from the 'Dreamsville' website...

Drive This Comet Across The Sky has just been released on Bandcamp...

"Drive This Comet Across The Sky is a loose, eclectic and highly electric rock album containing twelve tracks, all vocal-based with one instrumental exception. Featuring spontaneous songwriting and casual arrangements, it was laid directly to multitrack without revision or refinement. It twists and turns its way through a landscape of surreal lyrics and cosmic guitars sparking thoughts about the nature of time, love and mortality.

The album is available only as a digital download and comes complete with downloadable artwork in PDF format."

Check out the album page and samples here...

Or go directly to Bandcamp to download.

Enjoy!!!

Post subject: Re: DRIVE THIS COMET ACROSS THE SKY - Now available on Bandc
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:09 pm 
Regular

What a glorious ride into to work this morning. I had my first listen to, Drive This Comet Across The Sky while driving and only Bill can take you on that magic space ride. Fabulous melodies and textures that solitary, has Bill on a different level. This album also has Bill playing hard and there are a few jazzy tunes. Listened to Lost In Space while driving in the predawn darkness with snow falling like stars passing the windshield. The song was putting me in a trance, Thank God no one is on the roads that early lol. Drive This Comet Across The Sky, thankfully was the next song and it lifted me up with its’ straightforward rocking style. Bill is really belting out fantastic music. Here I am, such a sweet tune. The whole album flows so very nicely. Will be playing the album all day in my classroom and will be putting the headphones on tonight for more magic.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:19 pm 
Regular

Mayor of Dreamsville wrote:
In case you haven't received the email notification from the 'Dreamsville' website...

Mr. Mayor,

Will do once I get home this evening.

I'm not getting the announcements in e-mail. :? My e-mail has changed. How do I get back on The List?

'Pod.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:41 pm 
Bar Manager

sauropod wrote:
Mayor of Dreamsville wrote:

Mr. Mayor,

Will do once I get home this evening.

I'm not getting the announcements in e-mail. :? My e-mail has changed. How do I get back on The List?

'Pod.

Hi 'Pod,

Sorry, I may have caused a little confusion...I haven't yet sent out the email notification for the FORUM members yet, was a little busy this morning with the new CD release.
I DID send the notification out to subscribers of Bill's "Dreamsville" website, who will always get priority.

I will send the forum notification very soon, once I've got on top of things!

To change your email address for the forum, go to the 'User Control Panel', then in your 'profile' there is a tab with 'Edit account settings' - change your email address there.
If it's the website subscription that you've change your email address for, simply re-subscribe with your new email, the old email address will automatically be deleted after a couple of 'Bounces'.

Hope that explains things.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:39 pm 
Regular

Just finished listening .

Another great one .

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:46 am 
Regular

excellent news! Have downloaded and put on i-pod, will listen today.
Highest Regards,
Glyn Jackson

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:23 pm 
Regular

I've just checked the audio files before burning them to CD and found that there are 'ghosts' of tracks just audible in the second or so before the proper tracks 4, 5 and 9 start. Any ideas what they might be, Bill?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:22 pm 
Regular

james warner wrote:
I've just checked the audio files before burning them to CD and found that there are 'ghosts' of tracks just audible in the second or so before the proper tracks 4, 5 and 9 start. Any ideas what they might be, Bill?
Haven't listened to the album yet, but just checked the starts of the tracks, and it's all of them except track 7.

I opened each one in Audacity, selected the one or two seconds before each track start, cranked the volume up, and played the selection. DON'T play any part of the track at that volume!!

It seems to be a short section just before the proper start of each track. Sounds almost like tape bleed-through (!), or something picking up another source. Maybe it's noise from the Pod or Axe, but it doesn't seem to be related to the start of the track which follows. The ends of the tracks are OK.

I also checked some tracks on Bill's previous three albums, and they are fine.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:33 pm 
The Citizen

I have no idea what this might be. When the tracks are mastered they're tightly edited up to the exact starting point of each track. No 'bleed through' and nothing to do with Pod or Axe FX whatsoever. They're absolutely fine on the copy masster disc I was sent from Fairview. I can only think that it may be a problem with the system/computer you're playing the tracks back on or something weird happening at the Bandcamp download end...but if it was the latter, I would have expected all the tracks to be the same. I wonder if everyone else is hearing it? Over a hundred downloads so far and no one else seems to be reporting it. Strange... :?
Wonder if John (Spence can throw any light on it, or Paul Gilby, (though Paul's away in Malta at the moment and won't be back until sometime next week.)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:31 am 
New in Town

While I enjoy all of Bill's releases, this one is really resonating with me. One can hear the spontaneity and 'being in the moment' of the creation of these tracks. And, as always, the guitar solos are sublime and speak with an eloquence that can't be articulated with words. Well done, Bill. God bless, and keep 'em coming!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next