www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:39 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: PLECTRONICA - Tickets available NOW!!! - SOLD OUT!!!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:23 pm 
Regular

Oh well! Life isn't fair. I agree Bill that there may be people attending who will not appreciate the full history. I just hope the attendees don't buy the whole 500 of the new CD! That would be a double whammy!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:27 pm 
Regular

Tiffanys Hull 1974 wrote:
I just hope the attendees don't buy the whole 500 of the new CD! That would be a double whammy!

Get ready for the double whammy.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:37 pm 
Regular

I cant begin to express how f**ked off I am with this.... and £70 for a ticket. WOW!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:03 pm 
Regular

Bill Nelson wrote:
I've had some news from event organiser Ian Haydock today. He has managed to speak with the venue's management about possibly adding some extra seating but, I'm afraid it's a no go. It seems we're right up against the fire regulation limits. They simply won't allow us to add any more people.

I guess the only chance is that there may be one or two cancellations, in which case the Bookitbee website who are handling ticket sales will automatically place any cancelled tickets back on sale. However, I think the way it works is that there is a waiting list and any new tickets will be allocated accordingly. The chances of cancellations are very slim, but you never know.

As I said in an earlier post, I was astonished at the speed that this event sold out. I didn't expect that at all and I know that many fans have missed out. We have tried our best to add a few more seats but the venues regulations are against us. Someone suggested adding an extra date but the logistics are not favourable for that. The following day is a Sunday and the venue isn't open. Doing it again on a different day would involve getting the crew and team back together, moving equipment out and back, not to mention the high cost of venue hire, staffing it and so on.

I didn't expect that so many people would want to attend what is, basically, not a full band, old songs type of performance. I imagined that it would only attract those who knew my more recent instrumental work and who would look forward to that type of performance from me. I'm now concerned that there may be a number of people attending who haven't been fully aware of the 'ambient' nature of my recent performances and who will be expecting a retro/revival show. It seems that there are a lot of people from the various Facebook pages who may be coming but haven't really followed my musical trajectory. In which case, they'll be disappointed. Shouts for 'Ships In The Night' will fall on deaf ears I'm afraid, especially my completely deaf right ear! :wink: :lol:

This is a disaster!

Only kidding. First World problems and all that.

Break a leg, Bill and have a fabulous evening on 1 December.

P.S. Would it be OK to travel to Leeds to pick up a copy of Auditoria? I promise I wouldn't try to sneak into the concert. I could meet the Mayor at the door and hand over the cash and listen to the album on my way home in the car!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:11 pm 
The Citizen

Colourbox wrote:
I cant begin to express how f**ked off I am with this.... and £70 for a ticket. WOW!!

Actually, I believe the tickets are £5 cheaper than last year's event. :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:24 pm 
Regular

Well..This is a disaster for yours truly. I am nevertheless considering to pass
through Leeds on my way to the continent (from down in Disneyland South)
if there is a chance to meet the crowd of Dreamsville Nelsonians hanging out
at a nearby pub that night or the night before.

If anybody expects a group to meet in the vicinity (a-la-Nelsonica) please let
me know.

Cheers

Andre

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:39 pm 
Regular

How utterly disappointing... was traveling when they went on sale, and before I could get to it yesterday evening, it's a done deal...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:57 pm 

I'm afraid Bill got that slightly wrong in that there is no waiting list.

The nature of the site is that if tickets are cancelled they go straight back onto the booking page and it is first come first served. We have actually managed to increase capacity by 10 seats on last year but I know that is little consolation.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:00 pm 
The Citizen

Man in the rexine pyjamas wrote:
I'm afraid Bill got that slightly wrong in that there is no waiting list.

Apologies, Ian...I thought you'd said there was a long waiting list earlier today. Must have misunderstood.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:08 am 
Regular

I know there isn't any point in harping on about the situation, but I'm going to! Wouldn't it have been a better plan knowing people had been given notice that Plectronica was happening, to firstly announce that the tickets were going on sale at a pre-determined future date; say in ten days time. With this notice, people such as myself who didn't see the 'tickets are available' email on the day it was posted, would have surely had time to see the advance notice of sale. Tickets that I have bought for an upcoming gig by the US band Low were advertised in such a way. Then all the fans since the early days would have just had to wait for the apointed time with a finger poised on the enter button on the PC.

Looking at other postings, I see there may be an idea of 'disappointed' fans still travelling to Leeds to meet up on the day of Plectronica in a pub nearby. I'm all for that, (so long as it isn't in that smelly converted boat!). We could then pick up a copy of the new CD before the official atendees buy the lot!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next