www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:24 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: PLECTRONICA - Tickets available NOW!!! - SOLD OUT!!!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:22 am 
Regular

Tiffanys Hull 1974 wrote:
Looking at other postings, I see there may be an idea of 'disappointed' fans still travelling to Leeds to meet up on the day of Plectronica in a pub nearby. ... We could then pick up a copy of the new CD before the official atendees buy the lot!
Hope Bill has budgeted for good security on the doors :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hamKl-su8PE :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:45 am 
Regular

o2 priority tickets!!!... check into Dreamsville daily and absolutely typical no bloody “o2” phone signal where I was working thus missed out, After attending almost every event apart from the 1st Nelsonica disappointed to say the least.

As the advert says “should have gone to Vodaphone”.

But Bill great news on the astonishing quick sell out have a great evening one and all, crank up the volume and I may just hear it in Harrogate.

Regards

Paul

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:33 pm 
Regular

Location: Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire, West of The Rhubarb Triangle
Dear Bill...as long as the triple album doesn't get snapped up too soon by the attendees of the concert...one purchase per person I hope?(but £30 is at least a reasonable price). Oh damn, I feel another disappointment brewing over the triple CD now. Please make it available as a download collection as soon as it sells out...which it obviously will. How I wish that you had a 'proper' record/distribution deal with a company that promised not to 'rip' you off. Do such companies even exsist?
Why is the world so cruel. :roll: :cry:

http://www.soundclick.com/archiveavenue

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:54 am 
Regular

It was past noon that 13rd of august when the electrified message from jon @ Dreamsville hit me.
Alas, this booking site only accepted credit cards, a no-no in my book for internet payments. I still
go with PAYPAL which was not offered. Hmm. Oddly enough, a quick mailrequest for an alternative
way of reserving and paying cash at the door was twarthed. In the past i have been able to attend
previous Clothworker's events due to gracefull acceptance of said alternative payments. Worked
fine then. Now this upcoming event has been organised way differently.
Why make use of a method that most likely have excluded many die hard fans and opened the door
for speculative dealings? I hope i did not bring you down.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:36 pm 
The Citizen

The Bookit Bee website was used for last year's event's ticket sales as well as this years.. I think the reason this method was chosen was because a majority of fans asked if they could pay by credit card. It was also simpler than dealing with cheques, which involved more work for the organisers than they had time to deal with. The Bookit Bee website takes care of all the sales for us and gives us less to worry about.

Cash on the door is difficult too as people may have travelled some distance to the venue but with no guarantee of a seat. Pre-paying by credit card allocates the person with a guaranteed place at the event, ahead of their journey. When they turn up, they know that they won't be turned away if the venue has already reached capacity.

It's a 'damned if you do and damned if you don't' kind of situation, but the credit card route worked well for the vast majority of fans last year and seems to have worked even better this year, as far as I can see from the results of the rapid sell out. :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:47 pm 
New in Town

anyone got any tickets you don't need or cant attend we need two never got the email :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:37 pm 
New in Town

What hotel will others be staying at after the show?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:45 pm 
Regular

jdonova wrote:
What hotel will others be staying at after the show?

A couple of us will be at the Radisson Blu. Great location on the Headrow but a bit pricey.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:07 pm 
New in Town

Great! We'll be staying at the Radisson Blu as well and look forward to meeting others at the hotel bar after the show.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:13 pm 
New in Town

Hi

I don’t have mine as only just heard of the Clothworkers Hall gig and haven’t visited the site for a while. Any ideas as to how I can get myself a ticket? If anybody cannot go or maybgavevacteturn I’d be interested
Thanks
Stewart

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next