www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:33 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:43 am 
Regular

Quite strangely clicked on this post tonight.....only to see that it was a year ago today (19th Nov) that this was first posted :shock:....rest in peace Chuck
Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:04 pm 
New in Town

So sorry to hear this awful news, Sincere condolences to his family and friends.

God bless

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:45 am 
Due to my self-imposed exile from this forum, I hadn't heard this news until today. I only met Chuck once, at the Nelsonica that Bill mentioned, and he seemed a genuinely nice guy. As a diabetic myself since the age of 10, I'm deeply saddened that the illness I live with every day claimed his life and have to say, there but for the grace of God go I. My heartfelt condolonces to his friends and family.

Shed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:38 pm 
New in Town

Gee Wiz,

I know this is really late in coming.............. But I just now learned of Chuck Bird's death in 2006 ! While we were never really close- I spent some time with Chuck and the Village Idiots during the 2003 (?? ) Nelsonica Convention @ the Duke . He suddenly became very sick and I felt compelled to take him to the nearest local Hospital ( I am a Physician myself- but he needed Hospital care ). Fortunately he recovered but had to miss the concert due to his illness. Following the concert we all went on to London and hung out for a short while before I had to catch my flight back to the States.

We kept in touch for a while and then I became so involved in my business and with the birth of my children- sort of dropped out of touch with him and Bill..............

I was planning to call him this month to say hello and ask him if he was going to attend the next Nelsonica Convention when I read Bill's post from NOV 2006 regarding his untimely death.

Chuck was a great guy, and I can't believe he is gone. No bigger Bill Fan existed as far as I am concerned. He is in my head now as I listen to what I believe was one of his favorite Nelson songs- October Man.

We Miss you Chuck..............

Barry Bornstein
Las Vegas Nevada, USA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:57 pm 
Regular

Great name CP - hi 2! :cry: 8) :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:09 pm 
Bar Manager

This announcement has now been locked and stored in the 'Time Capsule' as read-only.

Jon.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6