www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Sat May 25, 2019 3:09 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:48 am 
Regular

Has the glitches been worked out? Can I use my Pay-Pal account to order this item? It would be a fitting tribute to Ian. :?: :arrow:

I have e-mailed John to place an order. Thank you

Last edited by Quinault on Tue May 29, 2007 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 11:03 am 
The Citizen

I'm afraid we don't have the means, via this site, to accept pay pal for the John Nixon/Ian Nelson cd. We're simply informing people of its availability and the address from which it can be ordered. (See the initial post by Mayor Jon Wallinger at the head of this thread.)

The cd has been manufactured by John Nixon and he is selling it direct to customers. We've simply advised him and helped him to get it manufactured and are aiding him with publicity/advertising via this site.
But all sales and the posting of orders are being handled by John Nixon directly.

So...apart from Sue's very kind offer to buy copies on behalf of other people and for them to then pay her back into her own paypal account, the only way to purchase the album is to contact John directly to arrange suitable payment and delivery.

By the way, the reason the cd isn't available on the Sound-On-Sound shop facility is that the quantities manufactured are very small and the price low. Sound-On-Sound need to take a percentage of income from cds to fund their staff who have to process orders and pack and post them. There are also further coosts for the use of credit card facilities. (Nothing unusual about this, these are the same costs that I take into account when selling my own cds via SOS.) But if John's cd was sold via Sound-On-Sound, these overheads would seriously eat into the cd's profits, particularly as it is a low cost, small production run item to begin with. It's much better for John to deal direct with his customers and keep his costs as low as possible. And remember that all the profits from the cd are going to Ian's family.
Hope this clarifies things a little.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 1:33 pm 
Bar Manager

Quinault wrote:
Has the glitches been worked out? Can I use my Pay-Pal account to order this item? It would be a fitting tribute to Ian. :?: :arrow:

I have been in contact with John Nixon and he has sorted out a PayPal account that orders can be submitted to.
There will be a small additional charge for the PayPal facility.
Please see my original post for PayPal and contact details for John.

Jon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:42 pm 
Regular

Thanks Jon, for the information. I've contacted John to order a copy of the CD. Glad to hear the profits will benefit Ian's family.

Tom

http://tomparsons.bandcamp.com
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/tomparsons
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/6/parsongs.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:55 pm 
Regular

If there are any of you in two minds whether or not to get this CD, then I'd say buy it and you won't be disappointed. It really is a lovely, easy listening, relaxing CD, with lots of Celtic influences. Good artwork and some great photo's on the insert. Do yourselves a favour and buy it. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:22 am 
Regular

Sue wrote:
If there are any of you in two minds whether or not to get this CD, then I'd say buy it and you won't be disappointed. It really is a lovely, easy listening, relaxing CD, with lots of Celtic influences. Good artwork and some great photo's on the insert. Do yourselves a favour and buy it. 8)

Thanks for the info, Sue.

The Celtic influences sound perfect. Co-incidentally, to carbon-offset my recent rawk 'n roll guitar purchase, I'm also awaiting delivery Irish/Scottish 'Low D' whistle, as I love these kind of influences on a sound.

The extracts from 'Tree Of Life' that I caught at Nelsonica were very impressive upon first hearing. My copy's on its way - so speed bonnie boat / aeroplane / La Poste etc. :wink:

"To create is to resist, to resist is to create." ― Stéphane Hessel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:13 pm 
Bar Manager

John has now set up a 'Myspace' website with further details including samples of the music...

Jon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:11 am 
Regular

I'd just like to say how much I'm enjoying the "Tree of Life" CD, featuring Ian Nelson. The music covers a wide range of genres and styles, and it is a treat to hear Ian perform on a variety of woodwinds: saxophone, soprano sax, and clarinet (new to my ears). And John Nixon is a superb songwriter, guitar player, and vocalist as well.

I'd like to encourage everyone at Dreamsville to purchase a copy of the CD. Remember that THE PROFITS BENEFIT THE FAMILY OF IAN NELSON. Come on, folks - put yourself in the shoes of his widow and children who lost their father so suddenly and tragically. This is a small way to support them!!! Think about how much joy Ian's playing has brought to you on Bill's tunes and others....

Thanks for your help!

Tom :wink:

http://tomparsons.bandcamp.com
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/tomparsons
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/6/parsongs.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:17 pm 
Regular

My copy of Tree Of Life came just yesterday evening.

A thank you to John Nixon! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:27 pm 
Regular

Parsongs wrote:
I'd just like to say how much I'm enjoying the "Tree of Life" CD, featuring Ian Nelson. The music covers a wide range of genres and styles, and it is a treat to hear Ian perform on a variety of woodwinds: saxophone, soprano sax, and clarinet (new to my ears). And John Nixon is a superb songwriter, guitar player, and vocalist as well.

I'd like to encourage everyone at Dreamsville to purchase a copy of the CD. Remember that THE PROFITS BENEFIT THE FAMILY OF IAN NELSON. Come on, folks - put yourself in the shoes of his widow and children who lost their father so suddenly and tragically. This is a small way to support them!!! Think about how much joy Ian's playing has brought to you on Bill's tunes and others....

Thanks for your help!

Tom :wink:

I am particularly fond of tracks 5-7. 'Pod.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next