www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:55 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:19 pm 
Regular

Heartland wrote:
Hi

I've currently got the 80kpbs version, do I need to email them to get the replacement version. BTW is the new version 320kpbs?

I'm still 'in the same boat as you' - 'Ditto' won't accept my original 'purchase code' to acquire the 'correct' version, even though I've only downloaded once (for the 80kbps).
I've been emailing 'Ditto' and they seem to think their 'hosts' are emailing everyone about how to download the improved version - well, not contacted me with any real help though - shame they've made something so simple into the need for 'reams of dialogue' - apologies to Ged aswell - this has nothing to do with the admirable aims of 'Saras Foundation'...

Apparently the new version is 192kbps (which should sound adequate) - it's worth an email, Heartland - the poor version is just 'not the real deal'!
Other than that, maybe you & I could be relying on the good folks of Dreamsville to 'lend a hand' as-it-were...

P.S. I'm glad to say that one fine chap here in the 'ville has helped-out, and for that I am most grateful (& maybe I'll shut-up now! :wink: )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:44 pm 
Regular

no 7 wrote:
my replacement download also plays beautifully.... and is called "Winter comes around again"....

Same thing here, no 7.

Originally, I didn't thing the new download was loading into iTunes. On further investigation, I did receive the track "Six Strings For Sara", and it is a higher bit rate (146kbps).

The reason I couldn't find it was that it wasn't listed by the song title, or by Bill Nelson. It is listed as:

song: "winter comes round again"
artist: globe
album: winter comes round again
year: 1998
genre: JPop

So, one more wrinkle to the mix.

I did e-mail Ditto about this, Ged.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:49 am 
Regular

I still haven't got mine....I've e-mailed them and given allthe info theyve asked for....yet nothing!....Typical Me! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:07 pm 
Bar Staff

Hi everyone - I have just received another e mail from Lee at Ditto who is desperately trying to resolve the problem with the downloading process - As a gesture of goodwill to anyone who has had problems downloading the track or with the quality of the recording I will send you all a cdr of Six Strings for Sara (copied from the original cd I received from Bill) - please send me your postal address and a copy will be on its way very soon :D
Once again - thank you for the terrific support - we have received so many lovely E mails and some very generous donations from the Nelsonic community :D
Kind Regards Ged

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:06 pm 
Regular

I hung fire on this one, deciding I could wait until week two, thus giving the sales figures (chart position) another small nudge. Downloaded it today. Now that I've finally heard 'Six Strings For Sara' in its entirety, I can only remark what a beautifully rendered piece of music it is, and as has previously been noted, an undoubtedly fitting tribute to a beautiful, though tragically short life.

Wishing every best success for Sara's Hope Foundation.

John

"To create is to resist, to resist is to create." ― Stéphane Hessel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:53 pm 
Regular

Hi, I am back after a long time without posting...but I had to return so I could do a small gesture and download this wonderful song, and also help a fantastic cause.

Beautiful tune... Bill really put his whole heart in the song.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:23 am 
Bar Staff

Thanks again - Six Strings For Sara is such a beautiful piece of music and Julie and I are so thrilled and extremely proud.We are still waiting to hear from Ditto the actual number of downloads the wonderful track achieved - I will let everyone know as soon as possible
A million thanks Ged
ps I heard Six Strings on the radio again today :D

Last edited by Ged on Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:35 pm 
Regular

Hi, congrats to all involved in this piece of music and the project that inspired it.

My version is playing at 145 kbps which sounds OK but if I could get a higher version by download I would (I won't trouble you Ged for a cd-r copy - you could be spending time and money better, no doubt). Any definitive answer on this?

Kev

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:27 am 
Regular

Angeltide wrote:
Hi, congrats to all involved in this piece of music and the project that inspired it.

My version is playing at 145 kbps which sounds OK but if I could get a higher version by download I would (I won't trouble you Ged for a cd-r copy - you could be spending time and money better, no doubt). Any definitive answer on this?

Kev

I think that 145 Kbps is probably the average rate of the 192 Variable Bit Rate mp3 that is available for download. In Windows Media Player I see 145 but using Winamp I can see the bit rate go up and down with the max at 192.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:42 pm 
Regular

Cheers weirdcritter, that makes sense. Anyway, it's a lovely piece of music. Did we ever get any stats re the number of downloads?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next