www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:55 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: NELSONICA AUCTION • Professional Secrets CDs for Sara's Hope
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:43 am 
Regular

:P Calling all Nelsonicans,

Some of you may remember a project called Professional Secrets quite a while back, which was put together by Phil Graham. Eventually, it became a 2CD set of original music written and recorded by various artists who had been inspired by Bill Nelson, as a tribute to the great man himself.

The intention was to release it as a limited edition of around 250, but the project didn't come to full fruition, so in the end it became an extremely limited edition of only around 30 copies, with most going to the contributors themselves.

8) Phil has kindly donated the last three remaining 2CD sets to be auctioned at Nelsonica 12, with all proceeds going to the Sara's Hope Foundation. Also being auctioned is an exclusive one-off Professional Secrets T-shirt and an exclusive one-off Professional Secrets A4 print (poster). I believe that all items have now been signed by Bill as an incentive to raise as much as possible for the charity.

As an explanation of my involvement, a few years back I made an offer to Phil Graham to produce a website for the Professional Secrets CD set to aid the sales (as I had one of my own tracks included on the CD), but as things did'nt go ahead as planned, I've now adapted the site to reflect the charity auction at Nelsonica.

My original plan was to host the PS site as a microsite within my own website, but as my main site isn't anywhere near ready yet, I've simply put the PS site up on its own under my web domain, in the hope that anyone interested in bidding has a chance to view the site for info and hopefully it'll create some interest at the auction.

And after all that waffle, here's the link for you to peruse:
http://www.elementalbeingcreations.net

Thanks for your time and attention, and let's hope that a pretty penny is raised for Sara's Hope Foundation.

Out for now,
Mr Garden :wink:

http://www.soundclick.com/gardenofsurrealdreams
Ambiavantelectroexperifolkgothjazprogpsychwave

Post subject: Re: NELSONICA AUCTION • Professional Secrets CDs for Sara's
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:50 am 
Regular

:wink: Forgot to mention this earlier.

For anyone who's interested in these auction items, among the tracks on the CD set is one by Jon wallinger (under the artist name of Strangely Sound), who has played keyboards in Bill's more recent live bands, The Lost Satellites and The Gentlemen Rocketeers (he appears on the Legends DVD). He'll be playing with Bill at Nelsonica 12.

There are also tracks by a few other regular Dreamsville members who you'll likely know of. These are Bob Kingdon (under the artist name of The Asylum Project), Tom Parsons and also the one and only Dar Shelton (maybe you'll know him on this forum as Oliver Wendell Douglas).

Just thought it was worth a mention.
Have fun at Nelsonica 8)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:38 am 
Bar Staff

That is so kind - thanks so much for your support

Warmest wishes

Ged and Julie xx

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:29 am 
Regular

Hi Ged and Julie,

It's a pleasure to be of some sort of help by adjusting the website and in fact it feels great to make good use of it after it wasn't used for its original intention, as I had put a fair amount of hard work into it! I'm sure that Phil Graham will feel the same about donating the items in the first place.

It's a small thing that we do, but you're doing the big stuff by helping young cancer sufferers, so keep up the grand work.

Good luck for the future,
Garden :D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:01 pm 
Regular

Sorry that I was unable to be at this years event.

I hope that the auction went well and that it raised some money for the charity... oh, and hope that the people who won are enjoying the prizes.

Phil

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:28 pm 
Regular

Phil_Graham wrote:
Sorry that I was unable to be at this years event.

I hope that the auction went well and that it raised some money for the charity... oh, and hope that the people who won are enjoying the prizes.

Phil

I won one of the CDs and the A4 print. I am looking forward to getting it framed once i get back across the pond. :)

Cheers! 'Pod.