www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:07 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: My First Nelsonica......
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:33 pm 
Regular

felixt1 wrote:
It's mildly surreal to be meeting up with many of the lovely people who I communicate with on line. It is of course always interesting to put a face to a name :D

Overall my impression is of a really nice bunch of people and impressive how many have come from overseas 8)

I personally loved your "snooker" look and now i know who you are will say hello at the next event :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:36 pm 
Regular

Tangoman wrote:
felixt1 wrote:
It's mildly surreal to be meeting up with many of the lovely people who I communicate with on line. It is of course always interesting to put a face to a name :D

Overall my impression is of a really nice bunch of people and impressive how many have come from overseas 8)

I personally loved your "snooker" look and now i know who you are will say hello at the next event :)

I thought he had taken a wrong turn to the Partridge shooting contest .

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:59 pm 
Regular

My first Nelsonica and fantastic to meet Bill but highlight of the weekend was meeting the famous felixt1 lol hope you had an uneventful journey home lol :D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:45 pm 
Regular

martin jordan wrote:
My first Nelsonica and fantastic to meet Bill but highlight of the weekend was meeting the famous felixt1 lol hope you had an uneventful journey home lol :D

Martin, you are far too kind :oops:

It was a genuine highlight of my weekend also, meeting you and your lovely wife :D I now see why you and I share so much of the same opinions regarding Bill's music :wink:

Alan Cawthorne, you are such good company mate and your banter is absolutely 1st class.......Alan is one of these people who rips the p**s out of you constantly, but it's done in a way that is just so bloody hilarious :lol: At one point on Friday evening, I think in the curry house - all he had to do was say my name and I just couldn't stop laughing in advance of his inevitable forthcoming quip :lol:

The life and soul of any party is Alan, especially as part of the double act with Peter Cook :lol: Just two of the many new friends I have made and I genuinely can't wait to see them and all the others again.........

Well, I've just said "Cheerio for now!" to one of my other new friends - Big Dave (Sauropod). Dave was kind enough to offer me a lift back to Aberdeen, so it was only natural that my wife and I offered to put him up for a couple of days while he attempted to gather some information regarding family history. Some good Scottish beers, a bottle of Ardbeg single malt and a portion of a bottle of Aberlour single malt have been consumed these last couple of days......not to mention the G&Ts and red wine :wink: :lol:

I've sent him on the way with a care package including some Aitken's Aberdeen Rowies.......Fortunate Troll will be familiar with these :wink:

I was lucky enough to meet Mr and Mrs Fortunate Troll at Nelsonica - they are fellow Aberdonians and it was an absolute pleasure to finally put faces to the names and have a wee chat about the Aberdeen muso scene 8)

Also a pleasure and a privilege, was meeting some of our American friends - Peter (a Nelsonic legend if ever there was and Peter, you really do resemble George Lucas! :lol: ), Perry, Mr & Mrs Scott Darnell, Mr & Mrs Gary In Merryland, Mr & Mrs Merikan 1, Alan and his Wife/partner.......if I have missed out any in this group please forgive me, but know that it was a pleasure to meet you! :D

Dennis (Dust Curve) - a really cool and surprisingly young guy (let's face it - we aren't a bunch of spring chickens.......except Sue of course! :wink: ), he was great company and like virtually everyone I met - extremely passionate about the music.......make sure and send me a link to your own music Dennis! :wink:

Puzzleoyster - another long, long term proper Nelsonian who gave Bill a gift in honour of Nelsonians the world over 8) A nice touch that, mate :wink:

Paul. Smith who said it best - fans of Bill Nelson's music are going to be sensitive, intelligent and artistic.....true in the vast majority of cases 8)

Angie and Kev - Angie is such a sweetheart, a warmer, friendlier person you would struggle to meet. She as well as many others made me feel really, really welcome within the Nelsonian family.

Bob Kingdon - really is as cool as he looks in his avatar, we had a great chat about music in general.......all too brief as the chats were with almost everyone..........

Andy & Beverly George - what a lovely couple, great company......the sort of people you can really enjoy time with :wink:

John Hampton - lovely to see you again and looking so well mate - keep it up :wink:

Ian Haydock - bloody hell you were so good as a compere and a naturally funny guy......your talents are wasted mate :wink:

Eddie - What a top guy, thank you for making me feel so welcome when me and Sue turned up at the Park Inn.

Martin Bostock, Jon Wallinger, Duncan, Colin/Caroline (enjoy Vegas and Streisand! :wink: ), Paul and Ian Gilbey, John Spence, Dave Standeven and anybody else I met from the Nelsonica team/Rocketeers - thanks for taking the time to chat and I am so glad you all turned up to join the Nelsonic gathering at The Corner Pin 8)

Nipper and Westdeep - I only had the briefest of chats with but top blokes both 8)

James' Ellis and Warner - great to finally meet you guys in the flesh.....keep up the banter on the forum! :wink:

Reg - make sure you give me a shout next time you're up my way :wink:

Billy Wakefield - wish I'd had more time chatting with you mate :wink:

Radium Girl - you need to make it to the Friday gathering next time.....but it was lovely to meet you at last :D

I'd like to give a special mention to my friend Mr. Mercury.......I met him at Leeds last year and we seemed to hit it off instantly - so much so that it was no problem to share a room at the hotel (once we eventually found one that is.....) - your snoring is not all that bad mate :lol: Hopefully I was a decent room mate as I'll be looking to hook up with you, Mark and Terry next year :wink:

It's almost inevitable that I will have forgotten to mention one or two folks that I met :oops: I enjoyed meeting and spending time with you all........thanks every single one of you for making the weekend so special :D 8)

A Nelsonica event is as much about the people as it is the music and I have to say, that the warmth and friendliness of the people I met, greatly exceeded my already fairly high expectations, based on what I had heard. I cannot emphasise strongly enough that if you can find a way to make it to an event - you will not be disappointed.....and that's before a single note of music is played 8)

Ian.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:53 pm 
Regular

You see! I've already remembered a couple I forgot to mention :oops:

Fraser and Mal.........I'll never forget the alcoholic ginger beer - but that's possibly due to the girls in Yeats wearing the 'Where's Wally?' outfits :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:54 pm 
Regular

Jesus someone arrange another Nelsonica to keep him busy, he's taking over the forum again! :shock:

Fair play, that's the most genuinely touching speech since Kate Winslet accepted her Oscar!.. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:08 pm 
Regular

How could I possibly forget :oops: :oops:

Keith (Returningman) and Angela........lovely to chat to you both and I hope you enjoyed the event as much as I did.......keith, I'll no doubt bump into you on the 'Who Is Currently Online' thread :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:54 pm 
Regular

Quick. Somebody tell Paul to buy more server space. I can actually feel the internet starting to throttle down. :lol: :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:16 pm 
Regular

I really enjoyed meeting you as well Ian though I'm sorry we didn't have a chance to chat more . I'm glad you had a fantastic time! I'll definitely try to make it to the Friday thingy next time ( especially if you can arrange a Karaoke trio with Alan Clawthorne, Peter Cook and I)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:29 pm 
Regular

Radium Girl wrote:
I really enjoyed meeting you as well Ian though I'm sorry we didn't have a chance to chat more . I'm glad you had a fantastic time! I'll definitely try to make it to the Friday thingy next time ( especially if you can arrange a Karaoke trio with Alan Clawthorne, Peter Cook and I)

Oh the Karaoke thing is a speciality.......it's a shame you missed history in the making when Peter unveiled his:

"Two shrunken POD's and 7 Marshall Stacks - 6 x Double Stack variety and 1 single speaker - a massive 7 x 3 watts of unfettered power. "

.....and proceeded to blow away both Bill Nelson and David Bowie with his 'improved on the original' versions of Modern Music Suite and Ziggy Stardust, whilst I took on the mighty Fleetwood Mac with my own blues jam.......until I nearly broke a string on Alan's guitar and nearly rubbed off Bill's freshly signed, autographed message :shock:

This all witnessed by The Gentlemen Rocketeers, who could only look on with envy at such a meeting of brilliant musical minds :P

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next