www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:54 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Bill Nelson: The night before - how do you prepare
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:36 pm 
Regular

So, rehearsals are done, artwork, video presentations sorted etc... What are you up to this evening Bill? Nelsonica is a big event for everyone, how will you prepare the night before? Will you relax this evening and have an early night? Will you have a quiet strum and work on last minute guitar pieces? Will you be a restless, nervous wreck?

Has he gear been transported and set up or will that happen tomorrow (early start)?

p.s. also applies to any other band members checking the forum out or in fact anyone associated with N12 including attendees (well those who aint pi%%ed in the Corner Pin :lol: )

Post subject: Re: Bill Nelson: The night before - how do you prepare
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:50 pm 
Regular

I was pi%%ed in The corner Pin....I knew I was pi%%ed because I kept seeing this golden frog dancing in front of Alan Cawthorne......... :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:19 pm 
Regular

felixt1 wrote:
I was pi%%ed in The corner Pin....I knew I was pi%%ed because I kept seeing this golden frog dancing in front of Alan Cawthorne......... :shock:

Ha, ha sounds like a good time was had by all. :D

Clearly Bill didn't prepare by reading inane threads started on the forum :wink: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:22 pm 
Regular

paulconnolly wrote:
felixt1 wrote:

Ha, ha sounds like a good time was had by all. :D

Clearly Bill didn't prepare by reading inane threads started on the forum :wink: :lol: :lol:

Yes, I noticed that :lol: Pity I missed you Paul........or maybe I did meet you but was too pi%%ed to remember :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:48 pm 
Regular

felixt1 wrote:

Ribit I mean repeat that again Felix ?

Struth ! Id forgotten about the frog.

Good job we were TOAD outta the pub--Budum tischhhh !

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:38 pm 
The Citizen

paulconnolly wrote:
Clearly Bill didn't prepare by reading inane threads started on the forum

You're on the beam there, Paul!

My preparation was basically a sleepless night worrying whether the gremilins that had bugged me at rehearsals had been finally sent back to the infernal pit from which they originated. Unfortunately, it appeared that they were still hanging around on the big day...but my resolve was not to let them get in the way of my audience's enjoyment...and I certainly think the white magick of good intentions suceeded in that respect! :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:12 pm 
Regular

Bill Nelson wrote:
paulconnolly wrote:
Clearly Bill didn't prepare by reading inane threads started on the forum

You're on the beam there, Paul!

My preparation was basically a sleepless night worrying whether the gremilins that had bugged me at rehearsals had been finally sent back to the infernal pit from which they originated. Unfortunately, it appeared that they were still hanging around on the big day...but my resolve was not to let them get in the way of my audience's enjoyment...and I certainly think the white magick of good intentions suceeded in that respect! :wink:

Sorry to hear that Bill. I had hoped it was a decent meal, couple of glasses of fine Claret and off to the Land of Nod. But your sleeplessness was our benefit :lol: :lol: and for that all the Travel(l)ers are eternally grateful (Hope I can speak for all on this one).

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:50 pm 
Regular

"Nelsonica Eve" or Friday night was...well, difficult to say the least.
Bill and the band had been rehearsing in Leeds all day up to about 5pm. When they'd finished Andy had to strip down, pack away and load into a van all the band's equipment. He then drove to York where he and his helpers lifted everything up to the first floor room that we were working in.
In the meantime Ian and Damian (Ultrasonics PA) had arrived and the various bodies assisted in getting their gear upstairs as well. This was about 7pm.
As the stage was being set and the PA being set up I foolishly thought that we might get a band soundcheck by around 8. No chance. Ian, Damian and I worked for the next two hours to set up line checks so that we knew we had all the right feeds going to the right places.I'd originally thought that we might get out for something to eat by 8....so had to revise this to 10pm which involved a bar meal at the Park Inn. So....back in my room by 10.45....showered and in bed by 11.30...then a truly sleepless night because of the drunken idiots outside in Micklegate...up until 4.00am and, constantly going over the channel line-up for the sound.
On the day...up at 6.30. Breakfasted and in the room by 9am. Band members filter in gradually culminating in a band soundcheck at 12.15pm...perhaps those of you queuing heard this? Final line check at 12.50, deep breath, doors open 1pm and off we go!
Everything else is "by the seat of your pants". Fell into bed at 1.00 am Sunday.
I think (and hope) that we did ok.
Hope you enjoyed it.
JS.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:01 am 
Regular

Alan Cawthorne wrote:
felixt1 wrote:

Ribit I mean repeat that again Felix ?

Struth ! Id forgotten about the frog.

Good job we were TOAD outta the pub--Budum tischhhh !

Well...was it doing the jitterbug or the pepermint twist ? that could show the level or you peedness...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:48 am 
Regular

John Spence wrote:
back in my room by 10.45....showered and in bed by 11.30...then a truly sleepless night because of the drunken idiots outside in Micklegate...up until 4.00am

Earplugs John..Earplugs!!!. :idea: . :wink: :lol:

Whenever I'm staying over in hotel rooms, I always make sure I have a spare pair with me, for that very same reason...Alpine MusicSafe are pretty good (or Earsonics), with three different filters sets and they are comfortable...or cotton wool! :wink: :P ...so no sleepless nights next time.. :)

Seriously, hope you had a really fab time...

ps...I do realise you know all of the above and much, much more...so, no excuses in the future.. :wink:....all you need then is a strobe light alarm clock.. :shock: