www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:21 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Bill Nelson: The night before - how do you prepare
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:32 am 
Offline
Regular
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:15 pm
Posts: 6618
Location: Burnopfield
Tourist in Wonderland wrote:

Whenever I'm staying over in hotel rooms, I always make sure I have a spare pair with me,


Only downside is that if the fire alarm goes off you may not hear it.

Just a thought and a safety issue.. :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bill Nelson: The night before - how do you prepare
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:04 pm 
Offline
Regular
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:01 pm
Posts: 4220
Location: Out there. Thattaway.
John Spence wrote:
So....back in my room by 10.45....showered and in bed by 11.30...then a truly sleepless night because of the drunken idiots outside in Micklegate.


Felix, Mr M and co., you should be thoroughly ashamed of yourselves for keeping people awake! :lol:

_________________
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
- Carl Sagan


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bill Nelson: The night before - how do you prepare
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:07 pm 
Offline
Regular
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:10 pm
Posts: 9491
Location: Living in a spangled moment.
Fellini wrote:
John Spence wrote:
So....back in my room by 10.45....showered and in bed by 11.30...then a truly sleepless night because of the drunken idiots outside in Micklegate.


Felix, Mr M and co., you should be thoroughly ashamed of yourselves for keeping people awake! :lol:


Wasn't us :shock:

It was Cawthorne and Mal :!:

_________________
"Love is everything ...... "


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bill Nelson: The night before - how do you prepare
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:01 pm 
Offline
Regular
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:02 am
Posts: 10007
Location: ROI
You can sure tell who lives in the suburbs around here. I have been living in city centre hotels for the last five months only to fully realise and verify this difference between the two. Most of us have been living in the suburbs for so long that we find the quiet not only natural, but some even expect and demand it. But that will never happen in the city. The city remains alive long after the country and suburbs have nodded off. It’s the price we pay for proximity. At least for now. :wink:

_________________
"The warrior who lifts his arm for the killing blow leaves his heart exposed."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bill Nelson: The night before - how do you prepare
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:38 pm 
Offline
Regular
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:15 pm
Posts: 6618
Location: Burnopfield
felixt1 wrote:
Fellini wrote:
John Spence wrote:
So....back in my room by 10.45....showered and in bed by 11.30...then a truly sleepless night because of the drunken idiots outside in Micklegate.


Felix, Mr M and co., you should be thoroughly ashamed of yourselves for keeping people awake! :lol:


Wasn't us :shock:

It was Cawthorne and Mal :!:


Not me OR Mal--We were in the curry house :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bill Nelson: The night before - how do you prepare
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:35 pm 
Offline
Regular
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:31 pm
Posts: 4874
Location: Derbyshire, UK
Alan Cawthorne wrote:
Tourist in Wonderland wrote:

Whenever I'm staying over in hotel rooms, I always make sure I have a spare pair with me,


Only downside is that if the fire alarm goes off you may not hear it.

Just a thought and a safety issue.. :wink:



A very valid point Allen and safety issues such as that should never be taken lightly or disregarded...and as my reply was more in jest, I am not advising anyone to do anything..it's all up to the individual.. :wink:

However, from a personal point of view, the ones I mostly use 'MusicSafe Pro' are attenuating earplugs, that do not try and totally block sound, like solid earplugs do. They reduce overall sound level, but in a very balanced way, with three different filters offering different levels of protection..a little like having volume control, with balance and clarity, instead of full-on mute...The white filter offers low-level protection from background noise, such as street/ambient noise etc and I have found ideal..and I can still hear my alarm clock in my room, so I'm sure I would hear a fire alarm :wink: ...however, it may be different for other people....Silver filter for gigs....Gold for band practice/performing... :)

Besides, I always sleep with one eye open.. :shock: :wink: :lol:

_________________
It's like a jungle sometimes it makes me wonder
how I keep from going under


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group