www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:53 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: A message for Bill and everyone @ Nelsonica
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:56 am 
Bar Staff

Dear Bill
We hope you have a wonderful day ,this is the first Nelsonica I have missed but will be with you in spirit .It only seems like yesterday since the first Nelsonica ,this was the first time I went out socially after losing Sara ,it was a very emotional day and I remember breaking my heart when `Another day another ray of hope `was played at the end.Your music really helped me cope in my darkest days (the many bottles of Glenmorangie also helped dull the pain :( )
I still have the letter you sent me when you heard about Sara and this is one of my most special possessions.Eleven years down the line your music still connects with my heart and I feel very privileged to be part of the Nelsonic family .
Having you as a Patron of Saras Hope Foundation means so much to our family and Julie and I sincerely appreciate your kindness and support.All of the tracks that you have recorded and donated to Sara`s charity have been wonderful and we cannot wait to hear Starland - I was lucky enough to be in the audience when you played For Stuart at the Barrowlands and literally blew all the other acts of the stage that night :D
The money raised from the tracks really does make a difference and helps us fund flights and holiday costs for many brave children who visit Sara`s Retreat .We have welcomed 13 very special families :D this year :D
Also a big thank you to the wonderful Nelsonica team who put so much time and effort into making the event such a success and to my Dreamsville family for their kindness ,care and warmth ...
We will be thinking of you and everyone in York today - we know it will
amazing - enjoy the day and thanks again
Much love Ged and Julie xx

Post subject: Re: A message for Bill and everyone @ Nelsonica
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:38 am 
The Citizen

Many thanks for the kind words Ged. The latest track I've made for Sara's foundation was previewed this evening at Nelsonica 2012. I was deep into the long meet n' greet session at the time it was played back to the audience but I think it was met with a very positive response from what I could tell from my position at the signing table at the back of the room. I hope that it will raise useful funds for the families you are helping in Sara's name. We missed you and hope you and your family are well and happy in your new life in Greece. 'Starland' will be, I think, a very popular track for many fans as it touches on various strands of my music both old and new. I hope the Dreamsville community will contribute something positive, no matter how small, to Sara's Hope Foundation and that they will enjoy the music in return for their generosity. :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:09 pm 
Regular

Hope that you can make next year-You were a big miss mate.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:45 pm 

Alan Cawthorne wrote:
Hope that you can make next year-You were a big miss mate.

Yes we had nobody to bring the cases of beer in, me and Dunc had to do that ourselves.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Only kidding, Ged.

Really missed having you there, hope you can make it next year.

Hope to see you before then though.

:D :D :D

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:51 pm 
Regular

eddie wrote:
Alan Cawthorne wrote:

Yes we had nobody to bring the cases of beer in, me and Dunc had to do that ourselves.

:D :D :D

So thats where the ale went !!