www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:08 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: A BIG THANK YOU FROM BILL.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:31 pm 
The Citizen

Just want to officially thank everyone who made yesterday's Nelsonica Convention such a success: The fantastic Nelsonica team: Ian Haydock, Ian C, Eddie, Duncan, Martin, Tony, Paul, Jon, Dave Graham, (who sadly couldn't be there,) the technical support team, (Andy Newlove, John Spence, Ian Thorpe and Damian,) plus guest helpers Chris and Dave. Thanks also to Ian Gilby for risking life and limb whilst helping to de-rig some cables...(hope you're ok this morning, Ian. :) )
Thanks too to Radium Girl and Jane Eastwood for helping with the auction presentation and special thanks to master auctioneer Stewart Gray for another entertaining and amusing evening.

A very BIG thank you to the Gentleman Rocketeers: Theo Travis, Dave Sturt, Jon Wallinger, Dave Standeven, Steve Cook and Steve Alexander. Your talent, patience and kindness is something I very much appreciate but your friendship even more. Thanks so much guys!

And a sincere thank you to all those loyal and wonderful Nelsonians who attended the event and made it such a warm and enjoyable experience for me. I'm truly grateful for your support and so pleased that my music means something to you.

If I've inadvertantly left anyone out of this little thank you message, I humbly apologise...I had a rather late night and am feeling somewhat weary today. There's a huge number of equipment flight cases and guitar cases piled up in my hall, dining room and living room at the moment, all waiting for me to summon up the strength and enthusiasm to cart them upstairs and put them back into their various cubby holes until the next time they're called on for a live performance. I think I'll do it a few items every day over the coming week, unless I gain super human powers before the end of the today! :wink:

So, Nelsonica 2012 concluded succesfully...it was a blast!

Next up: Artwork/packaging design for 'The Dreamshire Chronicles' double album to get on with, my interview with Duane Eddy for Guitar Player magazine to tidy up and send to the editor, some production work for Big Country to arrange, work on the epic 'Grand Auditoria' album to begin, (really looking forward to this,) further work on the 'Guitar Stories' video to do, oh, and several other pending projects to keep me occupied from now into the middle of next year. As always...stay tuned! :D

Post subject: Re: A BIG THANK YOU FROM BILL.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:02 pm 
Regular

Congrats, Bill. I really dream of attending a Nelsonica someday...

http://soundcloud.com/hansenharryebm

http://soundcloud.com/h-a-r-r-y-and-the-addict

http://harryandtheaddict.tnb.art.br/

http://www.myspace.com/harryandtheaddict

http://www.harrynet.com.br

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:39 pm 
Regular

Another cracking Nelsonica event Bill. You seemed in a relaxed and jovial mood on stage yesterday.

Nice to hear a couple of tracks of JTA and I still love the Raindrop Collector and the "extended" version of "Wonder of the moment" - beautiful.

Hoping there is a CD of Orchestra Futura on the cards at some stage Bill?

Well done indeed to the "team" that make all Nelsonicas possible - there's a lot of you and I think we appreciate how much effort is put in by all to make the day a success.

Great to see quite a few new faces in the audience. Good to chat to old friends and also a very nice chat with Eddie.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:32 pm 
Regular

8) Disapointed I couldnt be there Bill :( by hook or by crook Ille be at your next show :wink: I hope you find some time to yourself to do some battery re-charging & of course to have a great time during the coming festive season :wink:

WHY
http://youtu.be/todLN22_G9E

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:01 pm 
Regular

Location: Harrogate,a very English Town but...oh no can't say that,it would be politicaly incorrect!
Bill thank you.
My daughter is leaving to work in pastures new UAE soon,and she badgered me to come to Nelsonica,not as a 'Bill' fan,but just to have some Dad time.I told her my good friend who plays in a band (lead guitar) would be more suited to the occassion.No,,no she wouldn't have it,so after a lot (lottus muchiness)of pleases i collapsed like a pack of cards and said yes,you can come..i think i was gripping the armchair as i told her.She was happy ,enjoyed the day together ,and as i have been a 'Bill' admirer since 1972ish i achieved an ambition of mine that has been nagging me for years,to see you play.Amazing Bill,a man of amazing talent and strong mind,to turn your back on the demands of record companies asking for this amount of albums in this specific time period etc,etc. to do your own thing.Anyway as i was saying,my daughter Emma began to show signs of fatigue,wear and tear and exhaustion while waiting in the queue(impatience is another word that could be used) I had an LP Axe Victim, and CD Modern Music insert signed..to me,and Emma had 2 LP's Sunburst and Modern Music signed also to me ,Mr Gready!
As we reached the front of the queue she was fine knowing we were nearly there,signatures were obtained and pics' taken finishing off with a handshake,thanks again Bill.Emma came away and said 'Not only is he a brilliant guitarist but he's also a very nice man'
I thought that was nice,but sort of glad you didn't meet her 15 minutes earlier!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:56 pm 
Regular

Thanks for a great Nelsonica2012 Bill, and pass on my thanks to the team that work hard behind the scenes to make it all happen. :D :D :D