www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:13 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Your Nelsonica
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:44 pm 
Regular

I have just one word - Marvellous ! Brought a real smile and a long term glow to my heart.

All credit to Bill and the Nelsonica team for superb organisation etc.

As predicted, the event was 'better than sex' :shock:

Particularly good to hear some new tracks and some live risk taking by Orchestra Futura.

p.s. Don't let the wah wah pedal get you down Bill :P Where did you get that superb purple / green jacket?

How was it for others?

Peter

WEB www.academy-of-rock.co.uk www.humdyn.co.uk
BREXIT RAGE songs http://brexitrage.com
Articles www.virgin.com/person/peter-cook
Ambient Music https://academy-of-rock.bandcamp.com/

Post subject: Re: Your Nelsonica
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:55 pm 
Regular

I just wish these events were on a few times a year (Sorry Bill just sayin)
Loved the music loved the banter and Bill signed my Yamaha does it get any better ?
And the nice thing is that the majority of Nelsonians are warm, friendly and funny human beings.
How funny was Ian doing the raffle ? there's a top of the pops annual here--Oh look Leo Sayer-He was a bit of a mentalist on Celebrity Big Brother !

I've got a load of Bill to get through so I think I'll get into my man chair, grab a vino and crack on with some Trial By Intimacy !

I have a warm heart today.
Were lucky to have these gigs which are such value for money.
Till the next time dear friends...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:53 pm 
Regular

Bill opens another envelope of musical wonder, outstanding 3 sets-'music with style', certainly raised the roof 'off' the park inn hotel.

Many thanks to both Bill and the band not to mention the charismatic Steve Alexander.

The ongiong DEDICATION of the Nelsonic team great job as always.

And the many friends for making it yet another very memorable Nelsonica.

Long may it continue Paul...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:24 pm 
Regular

It was a glorious day, indeed. For me, the whole trip was worthwhile just to hear Bill play "Naughty Boy, Dirty Girl." He rocked the hell out of that one! Pardon my French as they say, but the man can just flat out fucking play.
Wonderful to see everyone, the music is of course sublime. Like Alan, I'd love it to happen more often, and closer to home! :D
Great meeting so many new folks this time, and seeing so many good friends -- REAL friends, not just "people I know from some web site," but flesh and blood people who may live far from my home, but whom I can genuinely consider to be my friends. Amazing, fantastic and makes me feel SO lucky.
And there is something special about seeing your favorite musician since you were 18, and HE smiles and greets YOU by name.
Life is good. 8)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:09 pm 
Regular

Just to add my two penn'orth; Yet another fantastic Nelsonica. Each year I think it can't be bettered and each year Bill and the team keep pulling the rabbits out of the hat. Wonderful :lol: :lol:

It was good to chat to Dave Sturt (what a bargain you got in that bass) and to Steve Alexander. Great drumming, and a truly nice guy. For me I thought he lifted the Gentleman Rocketeers right from the get go and the storming version of October Man really put the band set on a high step that was maintained right through despite the gremlins in the Zoom :D .

So good to chat to some regulars in the bar afterwards too and put names to faces (apologies if I was talking broken biscuits by the end of the night and I've no idea where that glass of wine came from that appeared on my bedside table :? ).

Kevin and I were also chatting to a couple who were attending the Police memorial service in York today and were very impressed with Bill's music (a couple of new converts there I think :wink: :lol: :lol: ).

See y'all soon.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:00 pm 
Regular

Peter wrote:
For me, the whole trip was worthwhile just to hear Bill play "Naughty Boy, Dirty Girl."

It's sex music

Peter

WEB www.academy-of-rock.co.uk www.humdyn.co.uk
BREXIT RAGE songs http://brexitrage.com
Articles www.virgin.com/person/peter-cook
Ambient Music https://academy-of-rock.bandcamp.com/

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:09 pm 
Regular

Peter wrote:
the whole trip was worthwhile just to hear Bill play "Naughty Boy, Dirty Girl." He rocked the hell out of that one! Pardon my French as they say, but the man can just flat out fucking play.

I agree about "Naughty Boy, Dirty Girl". In fact I thought Bill was on fire in the solo set until the feedback gremlins reared their ugly head. We all felt for you, Bill!..

I'll also say that the Orchestra Futura set just gets beter every time. They've really found their groove together now. Even the pure improv was top notch.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:32 am 
Peter Cook wrote:
Peter wrote:
For me, the whole trip was worthwhile just to hear Bill play "Naughty Boy, Dirty Girl."

It's sex music

Peter

it's sexy music. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:32 pm 
Regular

Just a brief note to whole-heartedly agree with Peter`s comment above.
Truly an excellent day - great atmosphere (packed & standing room only - poss need a bigger venue now!?) - all 3 sets were excellent ( at last Orchestra Futura finally made sense to me- it has taken a time, but oh yes!) - and met some lovely people ( notably - ladesco - hope the silver hat makes it home safely! - and Eugene & his wife from Dublin - great fun all round!).

thanks to the nelsonica team for a wonderful event & of course, the maestro Mr Nelson himself for the sublime music!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:54 pm 
Regular

A Orchestra Futura cd would look very nice on my shelf--I loved the experimental side over loops and guitar !
Great bass and horns too.

How about it Bill ?