www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:01 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Question ? If Bill were to re-issue one or more of the following albums as a 'lossless' FLAC download for you to burn to CD. Which ones would you want ? The download would also include high quality 300dpi artwork for you to print out.
The Alchemical Adventures Of Sailor Bill 12%  12%  [ 17 ]
Neptune's Galaxy 7%  7%  [ 9 ]
The Romance Of Sustain 33%  33%  [ 45 ]
Orpheus In Ultraland 28%  28%  [ 39 ]
Custom Deluxe 13%  13%  [ 18 ]
Dreamland To Starboard 7%  7%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 138
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:10 pm 
Regular

wadcorp wrote:
Mick Winsford wrote:
Orpheus took a few weeks to sell out. I know because I bought it on the tour not at the convention and they were several weeks apart.

I have to agree with tommaso here.

Remember being in Ohio over Thanksgiving when Orpheus In Ultraland came out. Didn't have computer access.

Upon getting home on Monday, I was greeted with a "Sold Out" when I checked on the album. I was floored.

If not for the above-and-beyond graciousness of J.M. – who had two copies as both he & his wife went to Nelsonica – I never would have been able to receive the disc.

There are some wonderful, wonderful people on Dreamsville.

Yep same thing happened to me. Out of town for the holiday weekend for two days. And it was gone upon my return. Perhaps there were fewer copies of Orpheus at SOS because some had been reserved for the tour merch, which makes perfect sense.

Anyway all these issues have been debated agressively over and over here. I think Bill and the team have come up with two very good solutions to both issues. The willingness to try downloads of the out of print albums and the alternative packaging for Nelsonica attendees. Both of these solutions seem to satisfy Bill's needs and goals for his music while allowing all access to hear all the music. Sure I have my own format preferences, which I've made clear in the past. But essentially all I care about is getting to hear his wonderful output in whatever format. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:15 pm 
Regular

A couple more items. I too wanted to reiterate that there are MANY wonderful individuals here in Dreamsville!

Also I'd like to express which albums I'd like to see join the download roster.

Luminous
Luxury Lodge
Astral Motel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:31 pm 
Regular

wadcorp wrote:
Mick Winsford wrote:
Orpheus took a few weeks to sell out. I know because I bought it on the tour not at the convention and they were several weeks apart.

I have to agree with tommaso here.

Remember being in Ohio over Thanksgiving when Orpheus In Ultraland came out. Didn't have computer access.

Upon getting home on Monday, I was greeted with a "Sold Out" when I checked on the album. I was floored.

If not for the above-and-beyond graciousness of J.M. – who had two copies as both he & his wife went to Nelsonica – I never would have been able to receive the disc.

There are some wonderful, wonderful people on Dreamsville.

Actually after I typed my inital post I then started to think about this in more detail. Wasn't this the CD that didn't have the artwork with it appeared at Nelsonica? Attendees therfore had to have it sent out separately several weeks later.

Therefore it didn't go on sale immediately after Nelsonica and was sold at the tour mech table. At the gig I attended in Manchester Bill announced that there were only about 50 copies left. I remember buying that album and the first Rosewood CD that night and couldn't afford Rosewood 2 in the same transaction.

So I agree now that as soon as it was possible to put it on sale at SOS it basically sold out within hours.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:36 pm 
Regular

Mick Winsford wrote:
Actually after I typed my inital post I then started to think about this in more detail. Wasn't this the CD that didn't have the artwork with it appeared at Nelsonica? Attendees therfore had to have it sent out separately several weeks later.

So I agree now that as soon as it was possible to put it on sale at SOS it basically sold out within hours.

That's right Mick, the artwork was sent out a couple of weeks after Nelsonica, which was at the Duke that year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:04 pm 
Regular

That is why I bought an N09 ticket, even though I could not attend. I would have totally missed the signed TOFL tin (being at work when they went on sale at SoS).

Anyway, as a small digression, what do you think the effect on BN sales would be if SoS announced all CDs would be withdrawn from sale in 7 days time? Would there be a massive rush for purchases for the ones that folk are just hanging back on?

I must admit, I would be well in the “guilty” corner.

Hmm, maybe Rosewood 1 & 2 should be bought by the weekend …

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:20 pm 
Regular

BlackPaperCrown wrote:
I bought an N09 ticket, even though I could not attend.

Interesting concept, but I hope it doesn't catch on. Nelsonica is a gathering of people. Imagine if all the tickets were bought by people who wouldn't be attending, just wanted the goodies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:17 am 
Regular

could not vote multiple times
How 'bout adding Astral Motel and Luxury Lodge
There's lots I don't have ...

including the lost vision called Bungalow Funland ;o)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:54 am 
Regular

How do you vote on soemthing you have never heard before? Make them all available. 8) 8) 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:17 pm 
Regular

Well, Custom Deluxe gets my vote, The others I have and treasure.
I'm missing mostly older stuff,
The ones that remain a mystery to hear and for me to desire are:

Juke Box for Jet Boy
Chimes & Rings
Nudity
Heartbreakland
Details
Astral Motel
Luxury Lodge
Plaything
Wah Wah Galaxy
Iconography

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:41 pm 
Regular

Sue wrote:
Mick Winsford wrote:

That's right Mick, the artwork was sent out a couple of weeks after Nelsonica, which was at the Duke that year.

Thanks for the confirmation Sue. For some reason I couldn't get to N05 - and that might have been the year they didn't allow attendees to snap up spare copies for friends (which was permitted at N04, cos James Warner got me Wah Wah Galaxy at that event). So in a way the lack of artwork worked out well for me as it meant the copies were reserved firstly for the tour before then going out to the masses (if less than 50 is considered "masses").

I think Orpheus is my favourite of the Nelsonica discs - an album I would not want to be without.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next