www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:09 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Two NEW CDs on sale today - 1st Oct
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:01 pm 
Regular

Location: Dreamsville Bureau of Realistic Attributions and Technosurvivalism
Garden of Surreal Dreams wrote:
MG wrote:
I didn't receive a shipping notice until yesterday either although I ordered the CD's Monday.

That being said I saw news saying that Paypal (which is how I paid for my order) has been having trouble/delays with its system. I assumed the delay from SOS was because my Paypal payment had lagged behind as per the news. So, if you used Paypal to pay for your order, there may be that factor.

:? That's entirely possible MG, thanks for the tip-off.
In which case I think I'll contact PayPal to see what the problem was. Delays like that, if indeed this was the case here, could affect all sorts of things in this internet connected world of ours! Maybe next time I'll choose to pay by credit card instead and see if it makes a difference.

The two new CDs arrived today anyway, so I say a big thanks to SOS and now I'm off to place the music in the player :D
Good news! :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:22 pm 
Regular

The package from Sound-On-Sound arrived in good order yesterday. A nice soft-pack around the two CD boxes made sure no case breaks or broken spindle teeth this time. :)

Many thanks to SOS for such a terrific job they do (and do all the time).

Return To Tomorrow was the musical accompaniment to a late-night studio session. Dang clients!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:37 am 
Regular

Recieved my two new CDs with no problem and loving them already.. BUT, I have a problem with track 19 Deep December on 'Return to tomorrow'. It skips many times towards the end. Has anyone else had a problem with the CD?
I will add that this is the first time I have encountered a problem with a Bill Nelson CD (I have them All ).

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:24 am 
Regular

damian dale wrote:
Recieved my two new CDs with no problem and loving them already.. BUT, I have a problem with track 19 Deep December on 'Return to tomorrow'. It skips many times towards the end. Has anyone else had a problem with the CD?
I will add that this is the first time I have encountered a problem with a Bill Nelson CD (I have them All ).

Hey Ho! Damian Dale..You have them all!!! One lucky Guy!!
I Have checked my copy and noted that there are three tempo changes towards the end, starting @ 1.20 but there are no glitches or jumps or audio spikes on my copy
have you checked for prints on the playing side?
It might be a good idea to give the play side a 30 second wash under a ''lukewarm'' water tap and a dry cotton cloth to dry excess water for making supersure it hasn't picked up anything untoward

I mean a Bill Nelson CD By it's very nature doesn't usually have time to stagnate in it's jewel case but basic stuff really does hopefully help sometimes
let me know?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:55 am 
Regular

Quote:
I Have checked my copy and noted that there are three tempo changes towards the end, starting @ 1.20 but there are no glitches or jumps or audio spikes on my copy
have you checked for prints on the playing side?
It might be a good idea to give the play side a 30 second wash under a ''lukewarm'' water tap and a dry cotton cloth to dry excess water for making supersure it hasn't picked up anything untoward
Quote:

Thanks for the tips. It's definately not part of the recording, it skips pretty badly. There are no visible marks or dirt on the cd. All other tracks are fine.I have wiped it with a clean soft cloth but it's the same. Maybe I should contact SOS ... Anyone have a contact email address or number?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:23 am 
Regular

Maybe I should contact SOS ... Anyone have a contact email address or number?[/quote]

WEB SUPPORT

http://www.soundonsound.com/support

Purple Mail Order box for you i reckon..

EMAIL
mailorder@soundonsound.com

TEL:
Tel: +44 (0)1954 789888

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:23 am 
Regular

Location: Dreamsville Bureau of Realistic Attributions and Technosurvivalism
These CD's have arrived.

Once again; thank you SOS. Faster than the speed of sound! 8)

Now all I have to do is find the time to listen to them... this weekend's project. :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:53 am 
Regular

I toured the Palace of Strange Voltages today, as a Florida resident I'd say it's an E-ticket* ride...
It reminded me of '64-65 NY Worlds Fair and the GM Futurama II ride, where you rode in a new GM car (and some prototypes like the Mako Shark) and were given a tour of the future. This ride was originally a huge hit at the 1939 World Fair, where it laid out the next 20 years via a ride through "Futurama", 1965 was a revised version.

http://www.ultraswank.net/event/1964-ne ... rama-ride/

* e-ticket rides were the premium tickets in the Disney ride books, no longer used

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6