www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:57 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: 'NEON CYNICS' RE-ISSUED AS A DOWNLOAD ONLY ALBUM!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:29 pm 
The Citizen

I'm very pleased to announce the re-release of 'The Last Of The Neon Cynics' album.
Originally released last year as a limited edition 500 run CD, it sold out within weeks and has since become a highly collectable item. Matt Howarth, (my artist collaborator on the project,) and myself have now decided to re-release the album as a Digital Download via my new Bandcamp page. (Yes, for some recordings, I've been persuaded to embrace a download facility! Eeek!) :wink: 'The Last Of The Neon Cynics' is now available in high quality FLAC format for those who wish to burn it back to a CDr, or MP3 format if you just wish to load it into iTunes or some other media player. The download also includes all of Matt's illustrated story in PDF format along with the original cover artwork for you to print out.

If you are new to FLAC here's a help page http://www.billnelson.com/html/salon/burn.php

Otherwise, head over to the Store and click on the Bandcamp button

http://www.billnelson.com/html/store/index.php

Post subject: Re: 'NEON CYNICS' RE-ISSUED AS A DOWNLOAD ONLY ALBUM!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:32 pm 
Regular

Stop the press!! :shock: 8)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:57 pm 
Regular

8)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:26 pm 
Regular

This will be a very popular move Mr N 8)

I can see a few PM's coming to you requesting other downloads though, brace yourself!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:41 pm 
Regular

:o :shock: Fine and no doubt a good move for economical reasons, but sure hope it wont become too much of a habit...My psyche nneeeeddss the a-r-t-e-f-a-c-t. The artwork on the cover and the back of the CD disc....Been looking forward to the possibility of some reissues on Sonolux, but without the cover art ?... :( ....just not the same making cheese prints at home.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:51 pm 
Regular

My first thought was to check and recheck the date. It is certainly a jolt to awaken in an alternate universe when you least expect it. Noticed the tag 'London' on BC. :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:09 pm 
Regular

Bill Nelson wrote:
I'm very pleased to announce the re-release of 'The Last Of The Neon Cynics' album.
Originally released last year as a limited edition 500 run CD, it sold out within weeks and has since become a highly collectable item. Matt Howarth, (my artist collaborator on the project,) and myself have now decided to re-release the album as a Digital Download via my new Bandcamp page. (Yes, for some recordings, I've been persuaded to embrace a download facility! Eeek!) :wink: 'The Last Of The Neon Cynics' is now available in high quality FLAC format for those who wish to burn it back to a CDr, or MP3 format if you just wish to load it into iTunes or some other media player. The download also includes all of Matt's illustrated story in PDF format along with the original cover artwork for you to print out.

If you are new to FLAC here's a help page http://www.billnelson.com/html/salon/burn.php

Otherwise, head over to the Store and click on the Bandcamp button

http://www.billnelson.com/html/store/index.php

YES! Good call there Bill! Thanks for that! 8)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:14 pm 
Regular

I'm gonna bet on the Rosewood albums as being next up for the FLAC treatment :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:21 pm 
The Citizen

Andre wrote:
hope it wont become too much of a habit...My psyche nneeeeddss the a-r-t-e-f-a-c-t.

Don't worry, Andre...I have no personal desire to go the download route for every release of mine. Major release new albums will, I pray, continue to be given the physical CD, limited edition treatment, at least as long as fans endorse and support my work via that particular route. The download option will simply be a convenience method of delivery for out-of-print, re-issue or willfully minority appeal material. :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:24 pm 
Regular

Bill Nelson wrote:
Andre wrote:
hope it wont become too much of a habit...My psyche nneeeeddss the a-r-t-e-f-a-c-t.

Don't worry, Andre...I have no personal desire to go the download route for every release of mine. Major release new albums will, I pray, continue to be given the physical CD, limited edition treatment, at least as long as fans endorse and support my work via that particular route. The download option will simply be a convenience method of delivery for out-of-print, re-issue or willfully minority appeal material. :)

Bill it really is a nice alternative for those of us that maybe can't always get everything right away! I know its a big concession, and its much appreciated! 8) Neon cynics in particular was one I regretfully let slip through my fingers. Glad I'll get to hear the music.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next