www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:19 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: NEW CD - Blip!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:28 am 
Regular

Good point : "Limit, One Per Household"

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:08 pm 
Regular

dmodave wrote:
Sorry but I have to be critical of this complete fiasco. Having a launch party where the ticket price includes a copy of a limited edition CD is ridiculous. How many households have two copies of Blip & Blip2 due to this process whilst some of us out there can not get our hands on one. True three couples have been good enough to return their spare copies to raise cash for a very good cause but at least one pair of CD’s has sold on ebay for over £300 and I expect as time goes by a few more will appear and be sold for silly money. If there are going to be launch parties in the future there needs to be a way of ensuring the CD’s are limited to one per couple, perhaps a reduced priced “family ticket” or don’t include the CD just sell them on the night. I’m one of the lucky ones who got in quick to purchase my copy but I really feel for those who missed out due to this total mismanagement!

He tried limiting it to one per couple but then people raised 9 shades of Hell about that. The guy does his best to please everyone and its an impossible job.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:06 pm 
Regular

I dont think it's fair to call this a "fiasco" and I agree with MondoJohnny. If anything, Bill Nelson is very generous.

Who could anticipate such a quick sellout in any event ???

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:14 pm 
Regular

Well he's been sayin that he would prefer to do things otherwise. I'm sure Bill, who is intimately involved with this situation, has probably given more than a few seconds of thought to this, so I'm sure he's probably come up with all these ideas at some point and decided they were not ideal for one reason or another. I mean give the man some credit right? :lol: :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:26 pm 
Regular

MondoJohnny wrote:
Well he's been sayin that he would prefer to do things otherwise. I'm sure Bill, who is intimately involved with this situation, has probably given more than a few seconds of thought to this, so I'm sure he's probably come up with all these ideas at some point and decided they were not ideal for one reason or another. I mean give the man some credit right? :lol: :wink:

I agree, and I am sure there are those who lost out, but understand how difficult decisions have had to be made. Having read all of Bill's posts regarding this, I cannot see how things could have been done differently, other than to make a high quality download, complete with downloadable art work, available for purchase - something that Bill has suggested as a possibility.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:46 pm 
Regular

After reading at least 32% of the posts surrounding this entire affair I can only conclude that Ranger Bill is danged if he do and danged if he don't :| .

Bill's distant cousin even Ricky Nelson wrote a song about this a long time ago , on a continent far, far away , with the lyric "you can't please everyone so you've got to please yourself " .

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:12 pm 
Regular

I know sometimes it must seem like we are one gigantic nest of chirping birds relentlessly begging to be fed. And Bill refusing to chew up worms and regurgitate ... well... I guess that's really where the metaphor ends...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:00 pm 
Regular

Location: Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire, West of The Rhubarb Triangle
Hi Bill, I have only listened to your Blip CD once, and already I know that this is a classic Bill Nelson CD. I'm so glad that your 'Muse' took over and steered you in the direction that it eventually took you to. An absolutely wonderful collection of songs and instrumentals. Your singing is great and of course your guitar playing is a possitive delight. The 'Blip' interludes are all very nice too.
Could we see some of the 'artwork' ideas that were 'rejected' ? That would maybe be quite interesting.
Anyway, gotta go, I want to play that CD again right now.
:D . . .Oh deep Joy

http://www.soundclick.com/archiveavenue

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:03 am 
Regular

MondoJohnny wrote:
I know sometimes it must seem like we are one gigantic nest of chirping birds relentlessly begging to be fed. And Bill refusing to chew up worms and regurgitate ... well... I guess that's really where the metaphor ends...
As posts go, I suppose that is about as unique as it gets. But sadly, we vegetarian birds are still waiting to be fed. Once that happens, we too will be strong enough to fly and maybe even live long enough to give birth to out own peeping offspring. But right now we are too weak to even lift our own heads. Yet word in the bird community is that there is a small blip on the horizon coming to nourish us soon. Oh hail great Avian King! Our prayers may indeed be answered yet. :!:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:13 am 
Regular

asterisk wrote:
MondoJohnny wrote:
As posts go, I suppose that is about as unique as it gets. But sadly, we vegetarian birds are still waiting to be fed. Once that happens, we too will be strong enough to fly and maybe even live long enough to give birth to out own peeping offspring. But right now we are too weak to even lift our own heads. Yet word in the bird community is that there is a small blip on the horizon coming to nourish us soon. Oh hail great Avian King! Our prayers may indeed be answered yet. :!:

Excuse me, there's only one Great Avian King, and that's Harvey Birdman, Attorney At law :P

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next