www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:08 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Blip! - SOLD OUT
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:39 pm 
Regular

I guess some people got rubbed the wrong way because this guy and his wife both went to the show and got cd's, then decided to sell one .
For 320 lbs :shock: . Is that how it went ? Was it illegal?... no. I'm not even going go down this road any more . I just have a hard time getting worked up about what one person does with their cd, especially if they've been a fan for a long time . Sell one and be happy. Shoot it with a shotgun and then crawl in a hole. That's all small potatoes . I don't actually care what any one person does with it .Things like that are out of my control.

Is there room for change in the way the cd's are sold? Maybe ...probably . Is there any perfect solution? Very probably not, so again, I'm not finding much reason to get riled up about any of it .
Bill Nelson makes several cd's a year . I pay attention to the site enough to get new ones when they come out. I don't get to go to Nelsonicas , as much out of choice as circumstance. I have over 100 Bill Nelson cd's , so personally , I'd have to go into serious Victim mode to get all wrinkled about missing one cd. That's me, and of course everyone else has sovereign right to be whoever they arec and react however they will . I've got bigger things to be mad and hurt about, if I choose to be mad and hurt about things , which I try and not do.

Back to what I said earlier , this Neil guy seemed like a real fan , not some profiteering jerkoff (regardless of the final price) , so I for one , am withholding judgement . Bill's going to make a lot more cd's in the coming years , and that's the bus I plan to be on ; not disgruntled, resentful, or envious of who gets what , or sells what for how much, or pining about something I may never hear . Enjoy what I have, that's the deal .

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:06 pm 
Regular

That's an excellent post Dar, thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Quote:
Enjoy what I have, that's the deal .

I so agree.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:34 pm 
Regular

Let me be clear - I'm pleased that Bill is finally trying the download route in spite of the apparent lack of interest beyond the 500 physical copies sold of Neon Cynics. But as someone who much prefers the physical product over downloads, it concerns me that things have reached this point where print runs are now expected to be limited to 500. And I'm fairly sure that the first I heard about Blip being limited to 500 copies was after I got home from the CD launch event.

If SOS are running low on storage couldn't some of a larger pressing run be offered to other outlets - I know it's handy to keep everything under the control of SOS but selling on Ebay or Amazon Marketplace or even Cherry Red or other independent sellers would surely bring Bill's output to a wider audience.

I know some of these ideas have been floated before and rejected but as the market appears to dwindle even further isn't it a case of embracing some of the potential the internet has to offer or risk an ever dwindling market leading to an even smaller fan base preapred to purchase official product.

I don't check in here every day and the thought of missing out on a new release simply because I can't get on line for a couple of weeks (as does happen) does concern me I have to say.

Can we get PM'd on upcoming releases or other important events so that we get the heads up?

Mick

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:48 am 
Regular

Mick Winsford wrote:
Can we get PM'd on upcoming releases or other important events so that we get the heads up?
Mick

Well, a PM won't do you much good if you're not on line anyway...just sayin'.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:05 am 
Regular

hypnohighball wrote:
Mick Winsford wrote:
Mick

Yes of course..... :oops:

An email alert then.... I have my iphone with me practically all the time and that way we'd know something was coming up......

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:44 am 
Bar Manager

Mick Winsford wrote:
hypnohighball wrote:
Mick Winsford wrote:
Mick

Yes of course..... :oops:

An email alert then.... I have my iphone with me practically all the time and that way we'd know something was coming up......

I send a mail-shot out whenever there is a new release to be bagged - I do get lots of these bounced back as 'undeliverable', so if you are not receiving the e-mails, then either your registered e-mail address is different from the one you use, or your spam settings may need adjusting.

Jon.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:32 pm 
Regular

hypnohighball wrote:
Mick Winsford wrote:
Mick

that too. but even if, like me, you are sometimes in absentia from DREAMSVILLE, i know i ALMOST ALWAYS receive an email announcing a new release either from here or S.O.S. don't most folks???

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:06 pm 
Regular

Mayor of Dreamsville wrote:

I send a mail-shot out whenever there is a new release to be bagged - I do get lots of these bounced back as 'undeliverable', so if you are not receiving the e-mails, then either your registered e-mail address is different from the one you use, or your spam settings may need adjusting.

Jon.

Thanks Jon. I hadn't updated my email address since I moved house a couple of years ago. All sorted now. :D

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:50 pm 
Regular

Location: Dreamsville Bureau of Realistic Attributions and Technosurvivalism
If anyone wants a copy of BLIP! it is now being sold on Discogs by someone:

http://www.discogs.com/Bill-Nelson-Blip/release/4687355

...who has jacked up the price four-fold.

If anyone's desperate for a copy here is your chance to get raped by profiteering.

I haven't received my copy yet and haven't hear the CD (and don't know if I ever will) but I'm sure there must be one or two people who missed out who would be willing to pay through the nose for it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:13 am 
Regular

MG wrote:
If anyone wants a copy of BLIP! it is now being sold on Discogs by someone:

http://www.discogs.com/Bill-Nelson-Blip/release/4687355

...who has jacked up the price four-fold.

If anyone's desperate for a copy here is your chance to get raped by profiteering.

I haven't received my copy yet and haven't hear the CD (and don't know if I ever will) but I'm sure there must be one or two people who missed out who would be willing to pay through the nose for it.

Just to be a mega- smartarse... if you're not going to listen to yours , why not sell it on ebay ? :D :wink: :twisted:

Back to being my normal-level smartarse now... 8)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next