www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:33 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2499 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 246, 247, 248, 249, 250  Next
 Post subject: Re: THE TRUMPTON CIRCUS IS COMING TO TOWN!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:48 pm 
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:00 pm 
Regular

David Too wrote:
His hairline looks sown or knitted in. He has no lips at all. No lips are a bad sign.

I'm not one to criticize the cosmetic arrangement of peoples' faces, especially the lips.

As a child for example some of the kids called me "Alice" because (I eventually was told) I had these rather large lips, inherited from my father and his father ... and, alternately, I was also called "Way-Fish" and "Fish Lips", some of the kids made, I assume, taunting kissy faces at me while saying those names .

But I do see what you mean .

And actually both Roger Stone and Mark Zuckerberg have been reminding me, face-wise, of some of the ancient carved-stone faces from Prehistoric Ireland, which is neither good nor bad, just ... is .

I used to have this book called Celtic Mysteries by John Sharkey and I really liked looking at the stone head on the cover . Gave it away to some goyle ... want another copy .

There's also from The National Museum of Ireland, the Trabolgan stone head . Both Zucc and Stone remind me of those .

Actually speaking of stone and Stone ... and Ireland ... it seems to me that Rog Stone is sometimes going for a James Joyce look, with the white, the circular specs, the hat and that ...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:00 pm 
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:10 am 
Regular

A word I'd not thought of before -- SEXTORTION -- surfaces tonight in connection with the Jeff Bezos extramarital-affair situation ...

Bezos is DJT's nemesis ...

DJT substituted surname Bezos with "Bozo" I believe in a tweet or maybe "Bozos" ...

More accurately stated:

A word I'd not thought of before surfaces tonight in connection with the Jeff Bezos/National Enquirer/AMI (American Media Inc.)/blackmail/stolen information situation and that is ...

SEXTORTION .

New one on me, sextortion, a brilliant word and quite frightening, it has a Wikipedia entry.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sextortion

In a statement published tonight, Bezos has alleged a Saudi connection or Saudi angle . It would appear that The Enquirer has been looking for Saudi financing.

There was The New Kingdom publication that AMI (American Media Inc.) did bless us with, recently :

https://tinyurl.com/y9poxe4l

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:58 pm 
Regular

The Congressional hearings of Acting AG Matthew Whitaker were pretty intense .

Maybe Matthew Whitaker and Joe The Plumber should start a band ?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:36 pm 
Regular

National emergency?

Gulp.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:17 pm 
Regular

Meh. There are currently 31 ongoing national "emergencies" in the USA.

Makes the UK look like a haven of order and competence.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:10 pm 
Regular

Material from Mueller's determination that Paul Manafort breached his cooperation plea deal provides substantial evidence of "collusion"/conspiracy between Trump's campaign and Russia - according to commentators.

Basically, Manafort (Trump's campaign chairman/manager) shared highly detailed internal campaign polling data with a GRU asset at a meeting where he discussed sanctions relief.

Here's how John Weaver, the NBC News & MSNBC analyst, summarises what we now know:

[Trump's] campaign chairman (mgr) and the deputy mgr walked down the street from Trump Tower to a clandestine meeting with a GRU asset & handed him the most private polling/targeting material from the campaign.

Within weeks the Russians (for which they have been indicted) were conducting sophisticated targeting in key states of American voters to move them to Trump or away from Hillary. Stop with the no proof of collusion (conspiracy). It is right in front of us.

In the meantime, Trump was continuing negotiations with Kremlin for Trump Tower in Moscow, even offering Putin $20 million gift. And, "coincidentally" or in exchange, offering reductions in sanctions, blind eye re: Crimea and change in GOP platform re: Ukraine.

https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov ... 09.0_2.pdf
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/le ... story.html
https://twitter.com/jwgop/status/1096070988700307456

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:31 am 
Regular

Someone asked "Why do some British people not like Donald Trump?"
Nate White, an articulate and witty writer from England, wrote this magnificent response:

"A few things spring to mind.
Trump lacks certain qualities which the British traditionally esteem.
For instance, he has no class, no charm, no coolness, no credibility, no compassion, no wit, no warmth, no wisdom, no subtlety, no sensitivity, no self-awareness, no humility, no honour and no grace - all qualities, funnily enough, with which his predecessor Mr. Obama was generously blessed.
So for us, the stark contrast does rather throw Trump’s limitations into embarrassingly sharp relief.
Plus, we like a laugh. And while Trump may be laughable, he has never once said anything wry, witty or even faintly amusing - not once, ever.
I don’t say that rhetorically, I mean it quite literally: not once, not ever. And that fact is particularly disturbing to the British sensibility - for us, to lack humour is almost inhuman.
But with Trump, it’s a fact. He doesn’t even seem to understand what a joke is - his idea of a joke is a crass comment, an illiterate insult, a casual act of cruelty.
Trump is a troll. And like all trolls, he is never funny and he never laughs; he only crows or jeers.
And scarily, he doesn’t just talk in crude, witless insults - he actually thinks in them. His mind is a simple bot-like algorithm of petty prejudices and knee-jerk nastiness.
There is never any under-layer of irony, complexity, nuance or depth. It’s all surface.
Some Americans might see this as refreshingly upfront.
Well, we don’t. We see it as having no inner world, no soul.
And in Britain we traditionally side with David, not Goliath. All our heroes are plucky underdogs: Robin Hood, Dick Whittington, Oliver Twist.
Trump is neither plucky, nor an underdog. He is the exact opposite of that.
He’s not even a spoiled rich-boy, or a greedy fat-cat.
He’s more a fat white slug. A Jabba the Hutt of privilege.
And worse, he is that most unforgivable of all things to the British: a bully.
That is, except when he is among bullies; then he suddenly transforms into a snivelling sidekick instead.
There are unspoken rules to this stuff - the Queensberry rules of basic decency - and he breaks them all. He punches downwards - which a gentleman should, would, could never do - and every blow he aims is below the belt. He particularly likes to kick the vulnerable or voiceless - and he kicks them when they are down.
So the fact that a significant minority - perhaps a third - of Americans look at what he does, listen to what he says, and then think 'Yeah, he seems like my kind of guy’ is a matter of some confusion and no little distress to British people, given that:
* Americans are supposed to be nicer than us, and mostly are.
* You don't need a particularly keen eye for detail to spot a few flaws in the man.
This last point is what especially confuses and dismays British people, and many other people too; his faults seem pretty bloody hard to miss.
After all, it’s impossible to read a single tweet, or hear him speak a sentence or two, without staring deep into the abyss. He turns being artless into an art form; he is a Picasso of pettiness; a Shakespeare of shit. His faults are fractal: even his flaws have flaws, and so on ad infinitum.
God knows there have always been stupid people in the world, and plenty of nasty people too. But rarely has stupidity been so nasty, or nastiness so stupid.
He makes Nixon look trustworthy and George W look smart.
In fact, if Frankenstein decided to make a monster assembled entirely from human flaws - he would make a Trump.
And a remorseful Doctor Frankenstein would clutch out big clumpfulls of hair and scream in anguish:
'My God... what... have... I... created?
If being a twat was a TV show, Trump would be the boxed set."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:24 am 
The Citizen

Head gardener:That's the most accurate, on the ball summation of Trump's character I've ever read. Absolutely spot-on!

And whatever 'national emergency' America is supposed to be facing, none is more pressing than this nasty little demagogue being in charge of a great country that deserves far, far better. The utter contempt he shows for the people, history and values of America is shocking and contemptible.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2499 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 246, 247, 248, 249, 250  Next