www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:57 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 301 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
 Post subject: Re: BILL ON ITV 'LEGENDS!' TICKET INFO HERE.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:53 am 
Bar Manager

The Legends gig gets a mention on the 'Progressive Ears' forum if any of you fancy adding your thoughts...

http://www.progressiveears.com/default.asp?bhcp=1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:40 pm 

I'm going to this one too.
Have a strong feeling it going to be as they say in the Black Country (Tak Me Bak Ome fame) "a gud un"
:) :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:51 pm 
Regular

Hi Bill and the band.......really wishing you an excellent night, so sorry I cant be there.....Im sure it will be magical!

Break a Leg!

No.....don't break a real leg , just a metaphorical one! :?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:45 pm 
Regular

Swan wrote:
Break a Leg!

Break a Leg Geoffrey ?
The blokes got flu coming on man.
What an utter bastard you are :shock: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:24 pm 
Regular

Divine retribution Al.....why couldnt they film it in Swansea fgs? we have loads of natural light and NO SMOG! :evil:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:40 am 
Regular

:P Yes indeed, I'll be there along with all the other not so young dudes! :wink:

Ordered my ticket when the concert was first announced, but did struggle with justifying the cost, as I'm not a wealthy man and there are many, many, many areas in which this sort of cash could be used. Upon first seeing the ticket price, I believe my first words were "My oh my!!!", followed by "Well I never!!!" and finally "Dear lord, will my sins never be repaid?".

My head was saying no while my heart was saying yes. Confusion set in until I rang my wonderful wife, who said that I don't often treat myself, so why not go along, whereupon I found my finger clicking the little 'pay' button.

:shock: Having now got over the shock, first of all about Bill playing a gig for TV in London, and secondly of having to relinquish my grip on 185 hard earned spondulicks, I can honestly say that I'm thrilled at the thought of seeing our very own Mr Nelson play live once again.

Hmmm, now I wonder how much of that champagne and wine I can guzzle at the reception (just to kill of the memory cells that retain the cost of the ticket, you understand) :lol:

Hopefully this will lead to other things for Bill (is that Jools Holland I see beckoning) and I'm actually only too happy to be a very small part of it.

See you all there,
Garden 8)

http://www.soundclick.com/gardenofsurrealdreams
Ambiavantelectroexperifolkgothjazprogpsychwave

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:05 am 
Regular

Garden of Surreal Dreams wrote:
:P Yes indeed, I'll be there along with all the other not so young dudes! :wink:

Ordered my ticket when the concert was first announced, but did struggle with justifying the cost, as I'm not a wealthy man and there are many, many, many areas in which this sort of cash could be used. Upon first seeing the ticket price, I believe my first words were "My oh my!!!", followed by "Well I never!!!" and finally "Dear lord, will my sins never be repaid?".

My head was saying no while my heart was saying yes. Confusion set in until I rang my wonderful wife, who said that I don't often treat myself, so why not go along, whereupon I found my finger clicking the little 'pay' button.

:shock: Having now got over the shock, first of all about Bill playing a gig for TV in London, and secondly of having to relinquish my grip on 185 hard earned spondulicks, I can honestly say that I'm thrilled at the thought of seeing our very own Mr Nelson play live once again.

Hmmm, now I wonder how much of that champagne and wine I can guzzle at the reception (just to kill of the memory cells that retain the cost of the ticket, you understand) :lol:

Hopefully this will lead to other things for Bill (is that Jools Holland I see beckoning) and I'm actually only too happy to be a very small part of it.

See you all there,
Garden 8)

There are enough BBC people that love Bill's work to make this happen.... and I live just 4 miles down the road from Jools H's house, and I know the landlord in the pub where he drinks, so it's not an impossible dream.... He is very private when he's at home in Cliffe, so I'd want to respect that, plus I am not prone to hanging out in bushes... :D

We now have a great amount of knowledge in the community to help things like this along if required.

WEB www.academy-of-rock.co.uk www.humdyn.co.uk
BREXIT RAGE songs http://brexitrage.com
Articles www.virgin.com/person/peter-cook
Ambient Music https://academy-of-rock.bandcamp.com/

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:41 pm 
Regular

Been away from Dreamsville for a very long time. Great to come back to some great news. I wish Bill and all associated with the show the very best of luck. Bill back to where he should be - wedged between commercials :twisted: loud and proud on the tube.

"Turning on the TV, helpless to resist..."

All the best

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:47 pm 
Regular

Garden of Surreal Dreams wrote:

You could always take your 'Alan Partridge Champagne Glass' along with you :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:15 pm 
Regular

Did I tell you I'm slightly looking forward to tomorrow? 8)

I've got Radar in my heart.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 301 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next