www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:04 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 388 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
 Post subject: Re: New Releases..
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:13 pm 
Regular

Quote:
Killing Joke 40th Anniversary Box Set
Pre-order the career-spanning 40th anniversary CD or Vinyl Box Set now. Includes 16 albums + exclusive bonus material.
Gatherers of the World, Killing Joke are delighted to announce their 40th anniversary World tour, Laugh At Your Peril.

Due to nature of product and contents, both boxes will ship via courier service and incur an insurance charge. This will be reflected in the shipping & handling price.

To celebrate this extensive and ambitious tour, Killing Joke announce the release of the career spanning strictly limited edition flight case, which includes: 16 coloured double vinyl LPs, a set of headphones, a signed lyric book and assorted pieces of art. The collection will also be available on CD.

The CD Box is £150 ($213US) :shock:

The Vinyl Box is £550 ($780US) :shock: :shock: :shock:

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 2:03 am 
Regular

Wire - Multi-CD Special Editions of their first 3 seminal albums
Release date: 19 May

And when they said 'special', man did they mean it! These are beautiful. As it says below - the newly remastered albums are presented as 7" hardback books, packed with pictures, notes and interviews. It's obvious that a lot of love and care went into these. Kudos to Jon Wozencroft on the design and execution.

Please support the band by purchasing the sets from their website, PinkFlag.

From the band's website:

"Wire’s first three albums need no introduction. They are the three classic albums on which Wire’s reputation is based. Moreover, they are the recordings that minted the post-punk form. This was adopted by other bands, but Wire were there first.

These seminal albums are now getting the definitive re-release treatment, in a format owners of the Silver/Lead and Change Becomes Us special editions will already be familiar with. Each album is presented as an 80-page hardback book – the size of a 7-inch, but obviously much thicker. After a special introduction by Jon Savage, Graham Duff provides insight into each album. These texts include recording details, lyrics, and brand-new interviews with Colin Newman, Graham Lewis, Robert Grey and Bruce Gilbert.

The original album is presented on its own CD, and is accompanied by additional discs that feature relevant extra tracks: singles; B-sides; demos; and many previously unreleased songs. Pink Flag is a two-CD set; Chairs Missing and 154 have three CDs each. All audio has been painstakingly remastered – or, in some cases, mastered for the first time!

This stunning set of presentations includes a range of images from the archive of Annette Green. Wire’s official photographer during this period, Green also shot the covers for Pink Flag and Chairs Missing. Promotional and informal imagery – in colour and black and white – is featured throughout the books. Most of the photographs have not been seen for 40 years – and many have never been published anywhere before.

These special editions are something every Wire fan will want to own.

Please note: although the three original albums remain available through digital stores and streaming services, the extra tracks from the special editions will not be released digitally."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:39 am 
Regular

Cult alt-pop band, Fonda 500, have just released their latest album, I (Heart) Fonda 500. You can hear it on Youtube here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhs_YXe ... 7tBy1hLenL

I saw them live in a tiny basement venue on Saturday. It was a joyous (if rather sweaty) experience! :D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:41 pm 
Regular

james warner wrote:
Cult alt-pop band, Fonda 500, have just released their latest album, I (Heart) Fonda 500. You can hear it on Youtube here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhs_YXe ... 7tBy1hLenL

I saw them live in a tiny basement venue on Saturday. It was a joyous (if rather sweaty) experience! :D

What a fun album! Between the tongue-in-cheek lyrics and the (sometimes) comic attempts to sing harmony, it almost has a Soft Boys feel. As played by The Fleshtones maybe. (There are probably better comparisons, but you know the better part of me is stuck in the late 70's/early 80's.) Actually, there's a surprising amount of variety on the album. I love the way both the guitars and the keyboards growl, but there are acoustic and keyboard breakdowns as well. And they explore several styles along the way. Now I need to check out their other releases.

Why can't I buy the album on their Bandcamp page?

John

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:14 pm 
Regular

Quote:
Why can't I buy the album on their Bandcamp page?

Good question, John. I have messaged them on Facebook to find out how to buy the album other than via Amazon. It looks like they have a shop link on Facebook, but I can't figure out how it works.
https://www.facebook.com/pg/fonda500/sh ... 11782&rt=6

I would recommend starting with Je m'Appele Stereo and Spectrumatronicalogical Sounds.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:47 pm 
Regular

Coming soon via Pledge Music:

Quote:
BMG are delighted to announce the release of the Uriah Heep anthology, ‘Your Turn To Remember: The Definitive Anthology 1970-1990’ on LP. Evoking an era when prog, hard rock and heavy metal co-existed in an era of glorious, boundary-breaking music, the songs trace the evolution of Heep from inexperienced studio musicians with everything to prove to bona fide, limo inhabiting rock stars. The Anthology cherry picks tracks from some of Heep’s most celebrated albums including ‘Demons And Wizards’, ‘Look At Yourself’, ‘Return To Fantasy’, ‘Equator’, ‘Conquest’ and ‘The Magician’s Birthday’.

-Continues the extensive anthology / reissue programme curated by Heep’s founder member Mick Box.
    -2LP anthology including the classic hits and must have album cuts from the band’s most creative period.
    -Re-mastered by renowned engineer Andy Pearce of Lou Reed and Black Sabbath fame.
    -New liner notes from original founders/members Mick Box and Ken Hensley
    -180g vinyl

They're also re-releasing a deluxe vinyl edition of Look At Yourself.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:08 am 
Regular

Uriah Heep are still going strong. I saw them during the Wake the Sleeper tour. (Eek! almost 10 years ago now :shock: ) Damned good live. Before the show, they had a meet and greet at a local pub. Got to meet them all and get autographs.

Wake the Sleeper
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nYERqDkd8M

I missed them last time because we were travelling. They will be playing here in the fall with the Zombies (Blunstone/Argent). We will probably go.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:32 pm 
Regular

james warner wrote:
St Vincent - Masseduction
Pills
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwFx0ROBf7o&t=1s
Los Ageless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9TlaYxoOO8
New York
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TPqUvy1vYU

I saw her live on Tuesday in London. The performance is Twin Peaks meets Anne Summers, lots of oddness, long curtains and fetish gear. Just Annie her guitars (a different colour for nearly every track - but, unlike Bill, all her own signature model) and specially pre-recorded backing. I missed the live band but the performance and backdrop videos were striking. First part of the show is a selection from her back-catalogue and the second part is the new album in full.

Masseduction is excellent, one of her best in my own personal opinion. Haven't had the chance to see her live which is a pity, specially with this talk of fetish gear... :)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:23 pm 
Regular

Sure there must be some Shorter fans around these parts?

Picked up this wonderful news from another forum.

"Emanon"; comes out August 24th, the day before Wayne's 85th birthday. Physical only release (not available for purchase on iTunes and not on any streaming services). Read more here:

https://www.npr.org/2018/07/25/63199908 ... t=20180725

Looking forward to this release even though the price seems rather steep :?
Amazing to think that the current WSQ was formed in 2000. Still playing cutting edge jazz to these ears 8)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:05 am 
Regular

Huge Wayne Shorter fan, but I'm sorry to say I'm unfamiliar with most of his recent stuff.

I got bit big time when he was with Weather Report. Then explored his solo albums.

An astounding talent. Tempted by the new disc, just completely out of scratch. :cry:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 388 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next