www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:34 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: 'NEON CYNICS' RE-ISSUED AS A DOWNLOAD ONLY ALBUM!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:16 pm 
Regular

Bill has said what my hifi dealer and friend has been saying to me over 25 years!

Just been enjoying listening to my vinyl LPs on a good setup (e.g. pretty high end speakers and decent turntable) and it's like discovering the music again. I didn't think it would have made that much difference to my listening pleasure before I got them but it did.

I got the turntable from an excellent shop in York called Sound Organisation :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:08 am 
Regular

Location: Dreamsville Bureau of Realistic Attributions and Technosurvivalism
wonder toy wrote:
Welcome to 'The Inn,' AnarcyInc. :D

and our never ending download discussion. :D

The entire discussion is available for download. :wink:
Download formats aside and previous discussions on the merits of downloading taken into consideration, I think the Bandcamp experiment is a good thing for those who have missed out on physical product.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:53 pm 
The Citizen

yorkshiretb wrote:
Just been enjoying listening to my vinyl LPs on a good setup (e.g. pretty high end speakers and decent turntable) and it's like discovering the music again. I didn't think it would have made that much difference to my listening pleasure before I got them but it did.

I got the turntable from an excellent shop in York called Sound Organisation

That's very encouraging to hear! :D And Sound Organisation is an excellent shop for quality hi-fi. It's where I've bought my DAT tapes onto which I've mixed my albums these last several years.

Unfortunately, they now no longer stock DAT tapes as the format has become increasingly 'old-school' and I seem to have been the only person buying DAT tapes from them. Luckily, I've been able to find more from an on-line supplier so, until DAT is phased out completely, I can still make my albums as before.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:00 pm 
Regular

Interesting, Bill if you didn't have access to DAT tapes anymore what would you transfer your recordings onto ?

Minidisc players have been discontinued now by the majors, however many people in the recording industry & media in general still use this format to make recording's on the fly, thus blank Minidiscs will continue to be manufactured as there is still a substantial demand.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:54 pm 
Regular

Location: Uncle Sam Humanoid in the New York City metro area.
Good move Bill. Now those of us who missed out on this release won't have to troll on ebay.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:08 pm 
Regular

Location: Dreamsville Bureau of Realistic Attributions and Technosurvivalism
GettingOnTheBeam wrote:
Good move Bill. Now those of us who missed out on this release won't have to troll on ebay.

+1

Fortunately or unfortunately downloading has become part of the landscape of the music business and music culture.

Let's say no to piracy and stay legitimate.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:04 pm 
Regular

James Ellis wrote:
Interesting, Bill if you didn't have access to DAT tapes anymore what would you transfer your recordings onto ?

Minidisc players have been discontinued now by the majors, however many people in the recording industry & media in general still use this format to make recording's on the fly, thus blank Minidiscs will continue to be manufactured as there is still a substantial demand.

Minidisk was never used in the professional audio community. It's inbuilt data compression system makes it unusable for anything other than basic computer data storage...which is why it's still available at all. You certainly would'nt want to mix to it! Although it won in the short lived battle against the DCC (Digital Compact Cassette) the deciding factors as to which survived were the result of political wranglings between Sony and Phillips. :( :( :(

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:07 pm 
New in Town

Andre wrote:
:o :shock: Fine and no doubt a good move for economical reasons, but sure hope it wont become too much of a habit...My psyche nneeeeddss the a-r-t-e-f-a-c-t. The artwork on the cover and the back of the CD disc....Been looking forward to the possibility of some reissues on Sonolux, but without the cover art ?... :( ....just not the same making cheese prints at home.

Yeah, homebrew artwork just ain't the same! :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:57 am 
New in Town

atom shop wrote:
Yeah, homebrew artwork just ain't the same! :(

I'm going nuts!!! :x The problem is that I can't print some of these Neon Cynics inserts small enough to fit inside the jewel case. :o The Artwork pages 1&4 and 2&3 print just fine. BUT, the Artwork pages designated label, tray and undertray always print a variation of a full-size 8.5x11. :x Scaling doesn't work for these three. :evil:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:57 pm 

A number of people have reported a similar problem printing some of the artwork files. We have checked them and they are correct.
It seems that some programs fit the image to the paper size selected in your printer.
I suggest you try and disable this in your printer config, set a custom paper size or try scaling the image. Otherwise try other programs which enable you to print, eg. a wordprocessor, web browser, photo editor etc.
Hope that helps.

Paul @ SOS

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next