www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:09 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: NEW JOURNAL ENTRY-3rd JULY 2018.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:46 pm 
The Citizen

You may be interested to read my latest journal entry with the heading 'A NICE SURPRISE...'
Dated 3rd July, it's available to read right now. :wink: :D

Post subject: Re: NEW JOURNAL ENTRY-3rd JULY 2018.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:10 am 
Regular

Location: Florida (sitting by the window, in a house at the end of time)
Congratulations, Bill! It's all very impressive, and well deserved too. Keep up the good work, man. :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:51 am 
Regular

Congratulations, Dr. Nelson!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:18 pm 
Regular

Ditto wow! :P

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:38 pm 
Regular

Of course such an award is well-deserved and - for fans such as ourselves who really respect the lifetime of pioneering musical endeavour to which we have been witnesses - we knew that some institution would eventually have to be the first to make some kind of statement about Bill's achievements. Over 50 years: not for money, not for fame - just for the Art of it!!

But I'd love to have heard the governors' discussions in which the idea first arose. Any such group will have included some who would have known and admired Bill and - let's face it - some who will have said 'Bill Who?' Being a BN fan those are always the two reactions I hear: you are either in the loop or you're not.

Anyway, some justice is being done and Winchester have got there first. Very cool!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:06 pm 
Regular

That's very heartening news.....but I'm curious as to why Winchester - is there some connection there from past events or musical/cultural events - or is it simply that someone there is an avid appreciator and thinks it's time for some recognition of this nature.......as I said, just curious!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:18 pm 
The Citizen

Apparently, a member of the board of governors of Winchester University is aware of my history in music and the arts, and therefore proposed me for the award, (and then convinced the other governors that I was an appropriate choice.) And for that, I'm both surprised and grateful to receive the honour.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:59 pm 
Regular

TheMikeN wrote:
But I'd love to have heard the governors' discussions in which the idea first arose. Any such group will have included some who would have known and admired Bill and - let's face it - some who will have said 'Bill Who?' Being a BN fan those are always the two reactions I hear: you are either in the loop or you're not.

Bill Nelson wrote:
Apparently, a member of the board of governors of Winchester University is aware of my history in music and the arts, and therefore proposed me for the award, (and then convinced the other governors that I was an appropriate choice.) And for that, I'm both surprised and grateful to receive the honour.

Damn, I want to see that PowerPoint presentation! The looks on their faces when Bill's artistic career was described... The variety, the scope, the depth. The outfits!

An unsung hero of musical medicine no more. Well, I for one have been hooked on the music Dr Bill prescribes for a long time.

Congratulations Bill.

John

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:18 am 
New in Town

Hi All,

I am the governor that nominated Bill. I think it’s a great both for Bill and the University. I had been plugging away at Bills nomination for some time. Thankfully once I presented Bills ‘case’ I got great support from fellow governors. The smile on my face was wide and beaming.

I look forward to welcoming you all to Winchester in October. Please let me know if you want to meet in a pub for a drink etc. I am happy to arrange.

Kind regards, John

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:29 am 
Regular

John Mac wrote:
Hi All,

I am the governor that nominated Bill. I think it’s a great both for Bill and the University. I had been plugging away at Bills nomination for some time. Thankfully once I presented Bills ‘case’ I got great support from fellow governors. The smile on my face was wide and beaming.

I look forward to welcoming you all to Winchester in October. Please let me know if you want to meet in a pub for a drink etc. I am happy to arrange.

Kind regards, John

Hi John,

Thanks for plugging away. A true hero you are. Bill certainly deserves the recognition for his art and mastery.

Beyond the drinks, I hope you arrange some beaming photos. I will have to experience this one vicariously through pictures and reports. Traveling over from the states for the birthday bash is all I can swing this year - unfortunately can't do it twice.

John