www.billnelson.com

Welcome to 'The Dreamsville Inn' - a virtual pub for the Nelsonian community
It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:45 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Rudy And The Zips
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:48 pm 
Regular

Interesting to read this name was on a shortlist before Be Bop Deluxe was decided upon as I saw at Leeds Polytechnic 1974/75 ? original bassist Rob Bryan who was fronting a band called Rudy and the Zips. They were supporting Be Bop Deluxe who failed to show that night. Never really found out the reason for the no show but people there had said Be Bop Deluxe were in the building that night. They were actually quite good. I am sure other Forum members would remember this gig.

Post subject: Re: Rudy And The Zips
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:17 pm 
The Citizen

Painterman wrote:
Interesting to read this name was on a shortlist before Be Bop Deluxe was decided upon as I saw at Leeds Polytechnic 1974/75 ? original bassist Rob Bryan who was fronting a band called Rudy and the Zips. They were supporting Be Bop Deluxe who failed to show that night. Never really found out the reason for the no show but people there had said Be Bop Deluxe were in the building that night. They were actually quite good. I am sure other Forum members would remember this gig.

Never did a gig with that band supporting. In 1974 the original Be Bop line up was still together. And we definitely were not in the building at the suggested time of the Rudy+Zips gig.

Post subject: Re: Rudy And The Zips
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:14 pm 
Regular

Bill, I did say 74 / 75? and we were there to see Be Bop Deluxe who at the time were you, Charlie and Simon [cant remember if Andy was there at this time ] . The support was Rudy and the Zips and after they finished we were told there was no headline act that night. That's probably why you say you never played a gig with them. This was not the no show also in Leeds at University due to being unable to get back after Top Of The Pops when Doctors Of Madness were your support.